Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I would love to link your same post re: SenDems who have ...
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 12/24/19 9:56am Msg #73040
been saying for nearly a year (or more) that they will vote to impeach once the Senate trial has ended. Honestly, I believe the same can be said of the House members (D & R * ALL * of them) who proclaimed their vote (yea or nay) on articles of impeachment (whatever those may actually end up being) prior to ever hearing one word of testimony in Congress

I happen to agree with you that both the Sen Dems & Sen Repubs that have openly stated the way they will be voting are guilty and are equally deserving of our disdain for their partisan BS and refusal to honor the oath that they all will be taking. I'm not wrong am I? You do agree that both Repubs AND Dems are guilty of the same thing don't you?

As I said, I think this would be a great show of unity for the country (and here in JP) if you will please post the link to your previous post(s?) calling out the Dems who proudly proclaimed what their own final verdict will be while so many have been calling for impeachment for the last 2-3+years. While your at it, if you wouldn't mind, would you also be so kind as to give us some links to all these talking heads in the media who are only now questioning any Republican Senator about this to their same questioning of any Democratic Senator prior to the last week (for those very few who have been shamed into finally addressing the same thing of any Democratic politician) for the very same thing?

In fact, if I remember correctly, their was a question put to all the 2020 Dem candidates in at least one of the debates about this. When the hands went up showing them to be in favor of impeachment, not one single word about this very same oath was said to any of the Senators running about them not being an honest juror or their willingness to lie when they would be taking that same oath.

This isn't meant as a show of support for those specific Republicans, but rather, a calling out of the obvious attempts of manipulation of the public and one sided partisan selective "moral outrage" by people, politicians, and the media.

The idea that if the other guys do it, it is super bad; If my guys do it, it's all good because I agree with what they are doing, did not start with Trump. That sort of BS has been around a long time in our politics. It is true that in the last 15years or so, it has become so commonplace that few can see it and even fewer are willing to call it out; to say if it is wrong, it is wrong, regardless of who or what party does it. If not, then it is not wrong for anyone to do whatever "it" is.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 This is the oath that all Senators will take... - MikeC/TX on 12/15/19 6:55pm
 " ... I will do impartial justice ... " Really?!? n/m -  Yoli/CA on 12/16/19 9:16am
 Re: " ... I will do impartial justice ... " Really?!? - HisHughness on 12/16/19 10:29am
 Re: This is the oath that all Senators will take... - bagger on 12/16/19 10:14am
 Re: This is the oath that all Senators will take... - MikeC/TX on 12/16/19 6:01pm
 I would love to link your same post re: SenDems who have ... - Moneyman/TX on 12/24/19 9:56am
 Re: I would love to link your same post re: SenDems who have ... - MikeC/TX on 12/26/19 5:51pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.