Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I would love to link your same post re: SenDems who have ...
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/26/19 5:51pm Msg #73046
"I happen to agree with you that both the Sen Dems & Sen Repubs that have openly stated the way they will be voting are guilty and are equally deserving of our disdain for their partisan BS and refusal to honor the oath that they all will be taking. I'm not wrong am I? You do agree that both Repubs AND Dems are guilty of the same thing don't you?"

No. You can have an OPINION going in, but they will take an oath to be impartial, which means being willing to listen to the evidence and consider it. Their current opinion may not have been informed by the evidence, only by what they have heard about it. That juror oath is essentially saying, "I'll put aside my opinion, listen to the evidence, and make my decision based on the evidence".

So far, I've heard only two Senators state that they have no intention of being impartial and will violate that oath - McConnell and Graham. I've heard one GOP Senator (Murkowski) say that she is really concerned at the coordination between McConnell and the WH. That's what I would expect to hear from any Senator who took his or her job seriously.

"As I said, I think this would be a great show of unity for the country (and here in JP) if you will please post the link to your previous post(s?) calling out the Dems who proudly proclaimed what their own final verdict will be while so many have been calling for impeachment for the last 2-3+years. While your at it, if you wouldn't mind, would you also be so kind as to give us some links to all these talking heads in the media who are only now questioning any Republican Senator about this to their same questioning of any Democratic Senator prior to the last week (for those very few who have been shamed into finally addressing the same thing of any Democratic politician) for the very same thing?"

Chris, if you think I'm going to spend any time at all researching any of this for you, you're crazier than Louie Gohmert. You want it, go find it.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 This is the oath that all Senators will take... - MikeC/TX on 12/15/19 6:55pm
 " ... I will do impartial justice ... " Really?!? n/m -  Yoli/CA on 12/16/19 9:16am
 Re: " ... I will do impartial justice ... " Really?!? - HisHughness on 12/16/19 10:29am
 Re: This is the oath that all Senators will take... - bagger on 12/16/19 10:14am
 Re: This is the oath that all Senators will take... - MikeC/TX on 12/16/19 6:01pm
 I would love to link your same post re: SenDems who have ... - Moneyman/TX on 12/24/19 9:56am
 Re: I would love to link your same post re: SenDems who have ... - MikeC/TX on 12/26/19 5:51pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.