Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Sarah Sanders caught in a big lie
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 11/8/18 5:27pm Msg #72148
A lot of weird stuff happened yesterday at the off-the-rails Trump press conference that has been all over the news, but the incident with CNN's Jim Acosta was right up there near the top. I happened to see that part of the press conference live, and saw what happened when a WH intern attempted to take the microphone away from Acosta. While he probably should have just surrendered the microphone, he did not in any way assault her. She made contact with him at least four times as she tried to grab the mike, and the one time his hand brushed against her, he clearly said, "Pardon me, ma'am". Who assaults someone and says, "Pardon me"?

Regardless, Trump lashed into him and the WH later suspended his press pass, with Sarah Sanders stating that he had "put his hands on" (i.e., assaulted) a WH intern who was just doing her job.

In fact, that never happened - Acosta was focused on Trump and gesturing to make a point, and never saw the intern coming. The contact was incidental, caused by the intern moving into his personal space to grab the microphone and trying to yank it away from him.

Sanders doubled down on her lie by sending out a doctored video produced by someone at Infowars which made it look like Acosta was the aggressor as her "proof". The article below contains additional video showing how we know it was doctored - actual video from CSPAN was overlaid on the one from Infowars used by Sanders, with the Infowars video tinted pink. When run together, the change in speed of the Infowars video is obvious and made Acosta seem like the aggressor. It's actually a fascinating example of how video can be doctored to show you something that never actually happened.

The best one can say is that Sanders was fooled by the video Infowars produced as "proof", but I'm not sure I would buy that - why rely on them at all when the original video from CSPAN shows something different? Personally, I think Sanders needs to resign, but I've felt that way for a while and I'm sure it's not going to happen.

What's scary is that this is not a one-off situation - there is emerging technology that enables a hoaxer to actually make it look as if someone is speaking words they never said. I've seen an example of that and will post it here if I can find it again.

The link below is only one of many that address the doctored video Sanders has been pushing as true, so if you reject the site as unreliable, just google "Acosta doctored video" and you'll find other examples...

http://crooksandliars.com/2018/11/white-house-uses-doctored-infowars-video
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Sarah Sanders caught in a big lie - MikeC/TX on 11/8/18 5:27pm
 Say It Isn't So! ;) n/m - Yoli/CA on 11/12/18 9:35am
 Re: Say It Isn - Moneyman/TX on 11/16/18 6:11am
 Re: Say It Isn - bagger on 11/26/18 11:11am
 Re: Say It Isn -  JanetK_CA on 11/27/18 1:04am
 Re: Say It Isn - bagger on 11/27/18 9:23am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.