Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Not so fast
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/16/18 6:02pm Msg #72214
"in 36 states you can opt out of auto insurance by being self-insured. Put a deposit down and bingo, no auto insurance. In Massachusetts, that deposit is $10,000.
One state, New Hampshire does not require any insurance."

That's non-responsive - I asked how you explain mandatory auto insurance. I didn't say that all states require it. Beyond that, the choice of being self-insured doesn't eliminate the requirement for insurance of some type. You said that the government can't force people to buy something they don't want, and yet there are situations in which they do exactly that. Explain that.

"Any Male not on medicare must buy insurance for breast and cervical cancer, even though they don't have breasts or a cervix.
They also pay for insurance for pregnancy."

This is a ridiculous argument. First of all, men can have breast cancer:

http://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/guide/breast-cancer-men

Secondly, the requirement to cover cervical cancer and pregnancy is offset by the need to cover testicular cancer and vasectomies, both of which are strictly related to the male. I would also argue that the male has SOMETHING to do with a pregnancy, so how can you argue that males should not have to provide coverage for that condition? As far as I know, there was only one birth in the history of humanity that did NOT involve a male, and I'm pretty sure health insurance was not an issue for that one... Health insurance is not just about what's right for the male.

"Allowing people to make their own decision is much better."

In your opinion perhaps, but that's not what he promised. We were supposed to get healthcare for all that would be much better and much cheaper than Obamacare. So where is it?

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Be still my heart - bagger on 12/15/18 7:24am
 Not so fast - MikeC/TX on 12/15/18 4:23pm
 Re: Not so fast - bagger on 12/16/18 7:04am
 Re: Not so fast - MikeC/TX on 12/16/18 6:02pm
 Re: Not so fast - bagger on 12/17/18 7:55am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.