Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Trump vs Iran
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/21/19 10:54pm Msg #72557
OK, so Iran shot down one of our dromes. Trump threatened to retaliate and an attack was planned for last night but was called off at the last minute.

Trump's initial explanation, via Twitter, was that he called it off 10 minutes before it was supposed to happen because he asked a general about casualties and was told that 150 might die. To his credit, he realized that 150 dead Iranians was not appropriate retribution for the loss of a single unmanned drone.

However, I have questions... while I have no personal knowledge of military operations, my understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is that part of the mission planning is a discussion of potential casualties on both sides. If that's the case, how is it that the Commander-in-Chief - on a mission of this nature - was completely unaware of the potential casualties on the Iranian side until 10 minutes before the attack was to take place?

Trump also walked back his earlier statements about the aborted attacks and told NBC's Chuck Todd that he never authorized the attacks and that the planes were never in the air - well, which was true? His tweets about what happened or what he said to Chuck Todd?

Personally, I think this was just another Trump special - create a crisis, and then claim to have resolved the crisis you've created. He has done this so many times before, most notably on the border. Remember those caravans of immigrants and terrorists he told us were coming during the run up to the 2018 election? They vanished into thin air the day after the election. Only Trump's followers and Fox News believed they were real. The rest of us knew that the whole thing was BS.

Don the Con is going to keep doing this - create a crisis to take attention off bad news about himself and then solve it, and the suckers are going to continue buying it and telling themselves how great he is.

Trump says he's going to live-tweet the Democratic primary debates next week. Ask yourself this - who watching those debates is going to care about what he has to say? And who that cares about what he has to say is going to be watching those debates? He just has this pathological need to be in the spotlight. The sad thing is that some of the media that he calls "fake news" and the "enemy of the people"will give him the exposure he wants.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Trump vs Iran - MikeC/TX on 6/21/19 10:54pm
 Just more anti-Trump spin and lies. n/m - bagger on 6/24/19 1:25pm
 Re: Just more anti-Trump spin and lies. - bagger on 6/24/19 4:58pm
 Re: Just more anti-Trump spin and lies. - MikeC/TX on 6/24/19 7:55pm
 Re: Just more anti-Trump spin and lies. - bagger on 6/26/19 4:04pm
 Re: Just more anti-Trump spin and lies. - MikeC/TX on 6/27/19 5:27pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.