Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

He's amazing
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/31/19 6:59pm Msg #72833
Trump spent almost the entire morning airing grievances on Twitter - 54 tweets this morning alone. Then he flew on Marine 1 (at our expense) from Camp David (which has a golf course) to his property in VA in order to spend the afternoon playing golf (also at our expense - his Secret Service detail has to rent golf carts from his company in order to follow him).

He was supposed to go to Poland this weekend but canceled his plans so that he could stay here and monitor Hurricane Dorian. From a golf course? Really? Is your caddy also a meteorologist?

I'm old enough to remember when he told us in 2016 that he would be too busy as President to ever play golf. Whatever happened to that? Of his roughly 950 days in office so far, about 250 of them (about a third) have been spent playing golf.

If I were a cynic, I would say that the early reports of Dorian making landfall at or near where his prized properties are caused him some concern, but once the track shifted northward he was relieved and decided it was OK, as President and leader of our country, to play a round of golf while millions of people in the areas likely to be affected were scrambling to protect their lives and their property, because he's a malignant narcissist who has no empathy or concern for anyone other than himself.

Thankfully, I'm not a cynic...

I also noted the stark difference to how he reacted to the fact that Puerto Rico was in the path of the hurricane with what he said when it became clear that Florida was in the path.

For Puerto Rico: Again? Will it ever end? (as if they had a choice about being in the path of a hurricane). This time they should say thank you when we help them, especially that nasty female mayor of San Juan.

For Florida: FEMA is in position to help you, follow the instructions the authorities give you and stay safe.

He also repeated his frequent lie that the US has given Puerto Rico $92 billion in hurricane aid. First of all, Puerto Rico is part of the US; they are US citizens - it's not a foreign country that we send aid to. Secondly, Congress has only approved about $40 billion for Puerto Rican hurricane relief, and only about $17 Billion has actually been spent. $92 Billion is an estimate of what the final cost could be, so once again the ultimate con artist is blowing smoke up your skirt, trying to make you believe that the only reality is the one that's in his head, and the MAGAts are buying it.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 He's amazing - MikeC/TX on 8/31/19 6:59pm
 Re: He - bagger on 9/7/19 10:52am
 Re: He - MikeC/TX on 9/7/19 5:03pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.