Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Just to set the record straight...
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 10/28/19 4:34pm Msg #72965
Trump never wrote a book; he's used several ghostwriters, as most celebrities who fashion themselves as an author will do. Tony Schwartz wrote his first book "The Art of the Deal" and refused to work with him again. Meredith McIver wrote many of his other books. The one in question was written by Dave Shiflett.

I know two people who have ghost-written books for a number of celebrities, and I know how it works. They interview the celebrity and try to find their "voice", then put whatever story they want to tell into words that will hold the reader's attention. If they get credit for their work, it's usually on the title page (Schwartz got his name on the cover. He also got 50% of the advance and 50% of the royalties. That's the great deal Trump made to "write" his first book). Whenever you see that the book was written "with" someone you never heard of, that person did the actual writing.

So no, I've never read a book he's written because he's never written one. This is a man with the attention span of a 6-month old puppy; do you seriously think he's capable of writing a book?
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Just to set the record straight... - MikeC/TX on 10/27/19 7:20pm
 Source? - bagger on 10/28/19 10:16am
 Re: Source? - MikeC/TX on 10/28/19 4:05pm
 Re: Just to set the record straight... - HisHughness on 10/28/19 10:29am
 Re: Just to set the record straight... - bagger on 10/28/19 10:45am
 Re: Just to set the record straight... - MikeC/TX on 10/28/19 4:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.