Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Lockheed Martin space and airshow in town
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 11/1/20 4:33pm Msg #76838
I have to say that one of the most awe-inspiring things I've ever seen (twice) is a flyover of the B2 bomber, fortunately under clear blue skies. The first time was at the opening of the Rose Parade (which is cancelled this year, BTW Frown) from the viewer's stand. The crowd went wild. The second time was from my own balcony, as part of what I think was the last ever airshow at what was then the El Toro Marine air base. Several neighbors were also out watching and afterwards it was one of the first times everyone started talking to each other! Wink

The amazing thing is that you see this sleek dark triangle swoosh by in total silence. You don't hear anything until it's passed you by, then the roar hits. Regardless of one's politics, you can't help but feel pride (that it's American built) and be awe-struck when you experience it. It was just as impressive to me the second time.

Someday that sort of thing will likely become commonplace, but in the meantime, I think it's worth adding to one's bucket list. Did you get to see it, LD? For anyone else in the area, if you get a chance to see a flyover, I recommend you go out of your way to watch, especially if you're into that stuff - and even if it's over in a matter of seconds (which it is). Both those experiences were decades ago, yet I still remember them vividly!
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Lockheed Martin space and airshow in town - Luckydog on 10/31/20 6:52pm
 Re: Lockheed Martin space and airshow in town - shooterclay on 10/31/20 9:33pm
 Re: Lockheed Martin space and airshow in town - MikeC/TX on 11/1/20 10:53am
 Re: Lockheed Martin space and airshow in town - Luckydog on 11/1/20 12:20pm
 Re: Lockheed Martin space and airshow in town - bagger on 11/1/20 12:51pm
 Re: Lockheed Martin space and airshow in town -  JanetK_CA on 11/1/20 4:33pm
 Re: Lockheed Martin space and airshow in town - Luckydog on 11/2/20 9:04am
 Re: Lockheed Martin space and airshow in town -  JanetK_CA on 11/3/20 3:39pm
 Re: Lockheed Martin space and airshow in town - MikeC/TX on 11/2/20 9:27am
 Ummm...Biden also said he was going to - Linda_H/FL on 11/2/20 5:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.