Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Texas GOP 2022 Platform
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/21/22 4:54pm Msg #81011
Well, I guess I can't say anymore that I don't know what the GOP stands for...

This past weekend, the state GOP in Texas held a convention in which they came up with their official party platform for 2022 - just so you know what direction the party is headed in.

Among other things, the platform contains the following:

- Rejection of the 2020 election results and the formal statement that Biden is not the legitimately elected POTUS.
- A call for the repeal of the 16rth Amendment (income tax).
- A call for the repeal of the Voting Rights Act
- A call for the elimination of the Federal Reserve along with a guarantee that citizens can use any kind of currency they want, including crypto.
-An amendment to the Texas Constitution that would eliminate the Legislature's ability to regulate how arms can be carried and worn.
- Repeal of the 17th Amendment and establishment of an electoral college to select Senators.
- Condemns homosexuality as an "abnormal lifestyle choice"
- Opposes all efforts to validate transgender identity
- Calls for a referendum to determine whether Texas shall secede from the Union.

These are just the highlights; there's even wackier stuff buried in there...

Also, in the Irony Department - Texas is the place where the newest Federal Holiday, Juneteenth, was born. Texas schoolchildren are prohibited from learning about it because it might make them "feel uneasy"...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Texas GOP 2022 Platform - MikeC/TX on 6/21/22 4:54pm
 ROFL....not just Texas - Linda_H/FL on 6/21/22 5:26pm
 Re: Texas GOP 2022 Platform - shooterclay on 6/22/22 4:34am
 Re: Texas GOP 2022 Platform - MikeC/TX on 6/22/22 5:21pm
 Re: Texas GOP 2022 Platform - shooterclay on 6/23/22 1:58pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.