Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

The document dump from Fox v Dominion gets worse
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 3/8/23 6:27pm Msg #82663
At this point, it's pretty obvious that Fox News is the news media's version of professional wrestling - it's all BS, but the fans are there to be entertained, not informed.

Many of them will never know that Fox was lying to them about the 2020 election, or that the prime time hosts (who are NOT journalists) kept pushing that lie despite the fact they KNEW it was a lie - all in an effort to keep ratings and earnings up. That's because conservative media - and especially Fox News - will not tell them about it.

It's one thing to have a political bias and slant your reporting to reflect that bias - they all do it, conservative and liberal alike. I won't argue that point. It's another thing entirely to knowingly lie to your audience with the unspoken belief that they are too stupid to know any better because you control the news bubble they live in, and to do it because you're afraid of losing audience share to a competitor.

The evidence presented so far has been overwhelming - Fox lied, and everyone at Fox knew about it. That evidence has been released by the Court itself, not by the plaintiff. On 3/21, there will be a hearing in which the Court will consider issuing a summary judgment against Fox. It's impossible to say how that will go at this point, but right now it's not looking good for Rupert Murdoch.

Personally, I no longer consider Fox as a trusted or reliable source of news. Cite their reporting to me as an example to prove some point you are making, and I will tell you to provide another more reliable source. Nothing they say can be trusted any more since they've shown that they are willing to ignore the truth in order to maximize profits; anyone who still listens to Hannity, Ingraham, and/or Fishsticks Boy and believes what they have say is a fool.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 The document dump from Fox v Dominion gets worse - MikeC/TX on 3/8/23 6:27pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.