Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

my take
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 6/17/23 9:57am Msg #82943
Well, live and let live.
I am not against any of the LGBTQ+ out there. They have always been there, just in the closet keeping their "private and sexual" lives private, just like heterosexuals should be doing. They are people like all of us, and their sexual lives are their business.
What I am against is making this such an ordeal. When you constantly preach about something that doesn't affect anyone else but yourself, it becomes an issue for everyone.
Live and let live to the fullest. It's only until you make it an issue it becomes one.

Schools: I agree that schools have no business infiltrating LGBTQ+ into their curriculum and explaining what each is. That's a parent's decision. My son had never had to go through that, I never had to go through that, so not sure why all of a sudden it's a thing happening. There is no need for it in the schools. It should be kept separate, no clubs, nothing. It's a sexual orientation, not a school one.

Drag Shows: I think that drag shows should be for 16+ . Absolutely no parent needs to bring their children to an adult show. It's not family entertainment, it's adult comedy made for an age group that understands what it's about and the jokes. The comedy is because men are in drag and overly "over the top" in their skit. Even most women cannot do their makeup as well as these men, much less tell jokes as they do! We have restrictions on R rated movies, nightclubs check ID's, even restaurants that serve alcohol only let you sit in a certain area, and with a parent, this should be no different, and should be a show dedicated to nighttime entertainment. How many comedy shows to you see going on before 8:00 PM? I love drag shows and queens, but they have their place.

Sports: Personally I feel that a natural-born female is at a disadvantage competing against a natural-born male for certain physical sports and allowing them because they are trans. It's the physical makeup of the genders that doesn't make it a fair competition.

Restrooms: Family restrooms have been around for years and I don't have an issue. Women use a stall anyway, and a lot of times the dad has to go in with their babies. I'd rather see a parent of the opposite sex using the restroom for the safety of their child than the baby going in alone.
I also don't have a problem with the opposite sex using the restroom they identify with. Maybe removing the urinals and having everyone do their business in private is the answer.

Adoption: I encourage the LFBTQ+ community to adopt children that are discarded by their parents. Love is love no matter where it comes from, and providing the stability, love, and health of a child in need is a beautiful thing!

Let's stop making this a thing and let it be. So much hate in the world and discord, this doesn't need to be made one of them. jmo
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Marge Greene's new boyfriend is a drag queen! - MikeC/TX on 5/22/23 6:24pm
 You can't compare what happened in the days of - Linda_H/FL on 5/22/23 10:27pm
 Re: You can - MikeC/TX on 5/23/23 2:56pm
 my take - PaigeTurner on 6/17/23 9:57am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.