Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

How did this even leak out? Secret Service used to hide...
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 7/11/23 3:24pm Msg #83022
all of JFK's 'special visitors' (well, the press also helped to hide them as well, LOL).

I recall a documentary covering either "The Presidents", or one of "The Secret Service" episodes in which a former agent, or more than one of them, admitted that during the Carter administration they used to go around the WH picking up bongs all the time; at least one of Carter's boys used to openly smoke in the WH. The agent(s) talked about how they kept that information from the public, as "part of their job".

Then there was the time that Willie Nelson smoked weed at the White House with Jimmy Carter’s son http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/126qpoz/til_willie_nelson_smoked_weed_at_the_white_house/ [Willie is also quoted as saying he and Bill Clinton smoked 2 joints on the WH balcony in this same link]

Confirmed by Jimmy Carter -- Jimmy Carter reveals Willie Nelson's White House pot-smoking pal: 'One of my sons' http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jimmy-carter-reveals-willie-nelsons-white-house-pot-smoking-pal-one-of-my-sons

Personally, I don't care who smoked in the WH, with over half the states having already either legalizing or decriminalizing it, I don't understand how it is that it is still illegal on the federal level -- the Senate is not doing it's job, regardless of who is in power. (Senators are supposed to represent the states, as a whole, while the House I'm just commenting on how the Secret Service used to help cover up such things the Presidents (regardless of party) or members of their families would do, presumably for some idea of it being "for the good of the country", or something like that.

This one slipped out to the public and now the WH press office is busy telling the tale of 'puff the magical plastic baggie of dope' that somehow floated around on its own to different parts of the WH before being discovered, and re-discovered, in multiple locations. LMBO

I would have included some stories of Republican administrations smoking out rooms in the WH, but I couldn't find any after several internet searches. Though I have no doubt that the Secret Service also gave them similar service, for whatever, as they did for Democratic President's.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Who's on first? -  Mike Goodey on 7/7/23 5:09pm
 Re: Who - anotaryinva on 7/7/23 5:22pm
 That was my first thought, anotaryinva. -  Yoli/CA on 7/8/23 12:37pm
 How did this even leak out? Secret Service used to hide... - Moneyman/TX on 7/11/23 3:24pm
 Closed case! - anotaryinva on 7/14/23 5:58pm
 Re: Closed case! -  Yoli/CA on 7/16/23 2:51pm
 Re: Closed case! - bagger on 7/18/23 6:04am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.