Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Obama's Plan?
Posted by  kcg of IN on 8/29/07 7:19am Msg #143
Listening to NPR this morning I almost choked on my coffee.....Obama wants to fine the subprime lenders for putting people into mortgages they could not afford and then turn around and use the "billions of dollars in fines" to help these people out? Barack, you are losing me.......

Yes the subprime lenders were wrong but please put some of the blame where it belongs - squarely on the shoulders of those borrowers who took out loans they KNEW they could not afford. And he wants to "fine" these companies? They are bankrupt - out of business, how would anyone be able to milk "billions" out of them? Notaries owed a measly pittance can't even get their money.

Who agrees with this idea?
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Obama's Plan? -  kcg on 8/29/07 7:19am
 Re: Obama's Plan? -  John_NorCal on 8/29/07 8:41am
 Re: Obama's Plan? -  jba/fl on 8/29/07 9:35am
 Obama's just playing to his constituency! n/m -  Charles_Ca on 8/29/07 5:20pm
 Sounds Like typical democratic thinking... -  bigdog on 8/31/07 3:18pm
 For the same reason you don't charge everybody the same -  Charles_Ca on 9/1/07 11:20am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.