Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 9/7/07 3:00am Msg #211
Well, if I was a pregnant Mexican woman, I'd probably do whatever I could to have my baby there, too! How stupid are we?!!! It appears that we should be pointing the finger at ourselves and our government and not at the illegal aliens for whom we provide so many incentives to come here. If we eliminated the concept of "anchor babies" and quit throwing out the freebies (yeah, sounds an awful lot like the bird feeder...), the problem would probably be greatly reduced.

I read something very interesting once stating that Mexico strictly patrols their southern border and has little tolerance for illegal border crossings (although many still take place, as Central Americans try to make their way to the US.) They actively deport people they apprehend crossing illegally! I wonder why we aren't putting pressure on the Mexican government to work to improve job opportunities and increase wages for working Mexican citizens so they don't feel they need to come here to make a decent living? Maybe it's because our own economy is moving towards looking more like theirs, with a shrinking middle class and a significantly increasing gap between the wealthy and those living under poverty levels. Seems like we are learning the wrong lessons from them...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas -  TRG_wy on 9/3/07 10:40pm
 Re: Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas -  jba/fl on 9/4/07 10:18pm
 Think about it this way..... -  Charles_Ca on 9/5/07 6:00pm
 Re: Think about it this way.....me too Charles! n/m -  jba/fl on 9/6/07 7:56am
 Re: Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas - JanetK_CA on 9/7/07 3:00am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.