Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Near miss - a Costco tire story
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 1/5/20 12:10pm Msg #31532
Glad your wife's ok!

Insofar as tire cost, same thing happened to me several years ago. I use America's Tire/Discount Tire. Several years ago, a friend and I drove to Las Vegas in the summer (hot … very hot). The day after we arrived, I noticed one of my tire's was low. Put air in it and went on our way. A couple of hours later, it was low again. Hmmm. Called AAA, they came out and switched it out. They told me there was a nail in the tire. I didn't want to be driving around or driving home (8 hours) in the heat without a spare so I tried calling America's Tire. That's when I found out they're also known as Discount Tire. In Vegas, they're Discount Tire; in my area, they're America's Tire. While at the shop, they informed me the tire could not be fixed but they could have a same tire replacement there in a couple of hours. We went to eat and when we returned, I was thinking 'ok, here goes $250.'

Wrong! Half an hour later we drove off with a new tire and I only paid less than $15. Yeah, I still buy from America's Tire.

(I'm not a Costco member. But, for those that do use Costco, I am glad to learn their tire warranty is as good as my vendor.)
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Near miss - a Costco tire story - Bear900/CA on 1/4/20 6:43pm
 Re: Near miss - a Costco tire story -  Yoli/CA on 1/5/20 12:10pm
 Glad Lisa is okay! I hate parking lots... -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/6/20 12:01pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.