Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Junk/scam fees... (border line 'Discuss Work')
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 8/2/18 4:11pm Msg #30491
Remember the 'automobile wipes' over in DW? Honestly, this is too much for me to digest:
70k mi brake job roughly $160 labor, $230 parts. Okay painful but "Betty Jean" (my honda) was literally screamin' & screachin' - so yes, waited too long. My regular go-to mechanic was just not as accessible.

While in the shop, I protest to clerk about the unnecessary add-on charge of about $30 for "supplies." Cost of your business, not mine. He skillfully and strategically pulls out a Shop Supplies list with this opening msg:

We are sure you are aware of the ever-increasing costs of doing business. One of these costs is the many miscellaneous materials needed to repair your car, which cannot be directly charged to your work order because the cost of the unit
package is greater than the amount used. For this reason, these materials are billed directly to you as a percent of the parts and labor charge, as this is the most equitable way of charging for these materials. Included in the list of materials used in the course of repairs to your car, may be the following... (then 2 columns of Fifty parts/materials, incl. some of these shown.

wheel weights
windshield wiper fluid
grease(4 different types listed)
grinding discs
welding rods
wiping cloths
cutter pins
masking tape
hacksaw blades

It was a gross insult to my intelligence. How did their cost of doing business become Mine?? Never had a salon bill separately for shampoo or nail polish I use.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Junk/scam fees... (border line 'Discuss Work') - NVLSlady/VA on 8/2/18 4:11pm
 Re: Junk/scam fees... (border line - Luckydog on 8/2/18 6:17pm
 Re: Junk/scam fees... (border line - bagger on 8/7/18 3:28pm
 PS.... - Luckydog on 8/2/18 6:20pm
 You have to be really careful where you take your car -  MW/VA on 8/2/18 6:26pm
 Re: You have to be really careful where you take your car - Luckydog on 8/2/18 6:43pm
 Re: You have to be really careful where you take your car -  JanetK_CA on 8/2/18 10:12pm
 Re: Junk/scam fees... (border line - HisHughness on 8/2/18 11:18pm
 "A practice that are"? Wow. - HisHughness on 8/2/18 11:23pm
 Where was the customer coffee? - Bear900/CA on 8/3/18 12:21am
 Re: Where was the customer coffee? - NVLSlady/VA on 8/3/18 8:19am
 The provided list was standard all-purchase use. - NVLSlady/VA on 8/3/18 8:21am
 Re: The provided list was standard all-PURPOSE. n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 8/3/18 9:16am
 Re: Junk/scam fees... - NVLSlady/VA on 8/6/18 12:19pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.