Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Almost all nail products are toxic, as well as hair products
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 9/13/19 11:01pm Msg #31374
You get used to it and go nose blind after a while. I was a licensed nail tech from 1991 to 2003 doing exclusively acrylic nails and nail artistry in various salons and I used all Creative low fume products. I am sure it wasn't healthy, however, the better shops do have venting and wall vents where you file, and expect you to use premium products. They also try and keep the nail area away from the main part of the salon. You never hear about cancer reports from nail shops employees, only the fungus from dirty drills and foot baths. They have heath inspections all the time, and fumes never are targeted if they have adequate ventilation systems.
The trend for the average person is going more gell nails and natural manicures these days. Acrylics and fiberglass wraps are less and less, and using imported inferior products from China because it lowers the cost. Next time someone gets a full set for $20.00, that's what you get instead of the $50.00 full set. Inferior products will destroy your nail bed ,much less burn your eyes out.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 The health hazards to artificial nails -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/13/19 11:04am
 Almost all nail products are toxic, as well as hair products -  MW/VA on 9/13/19 5:38pm
 Re: Almost all nail products are toxic, as well as hair products - Luckydog on 9/13/19 11:01pm
 I get my nails done with gel & do color my hair. It's not -  MW/VA on 9/14/19 8:33am
 Re: I get my nails done with gel & do color my hair. It - Luckydog on 9/14/19 11:33am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.