Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Amazon deliveries
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/23/19 5:03pm Msg #31516
In the run-up to Christmas, I pretty much stopped ordering from Amazon and have done my shopping on other sites. Although I am a long-time Amazon customer, the stories I've read about their delivery drivers - and personal experience, such as shipments getting lost (which never used to happen) or delivered to someone else - has led me to believe that they can't handle to crush of holiday shopping, and I'm not going to contribute to the problem.

Just read this ProPublica article about how Amazon chose speed over safety in building their delivery network, and it's an eye-opener. There have been 60 accidents in the past year. One of the victims was a bicyclist who was a mother of one, hit by a delivery van and killed. She was also one of their own - Amazon's former CFO.

It's a long read but worth the time. ProPublica does great investigative journalism.

http://tinyurl.com/tp32rp7
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Amazon deliveries - MikeC/TX on 12/23/19 5:03pm
 Re: Amazon deliveries - Luckydog on 12/23/19 6:24pm
 The Amazon drivers are independent contractors. They buy -  MW/VA on 12/23/19 8:35pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.