Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

2020 - I can see clearly now
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 1/3/20 7:12pm Msg #31529
Now to start off 2020 with another episode of the Ballad of Buster Skruggs, starring our vengeful orange tabby of not too distant past. If you like kitties then you may want to pass this by. You're still here? Okay..

Several years ago we re-landscaped our front yard. Around the bushes we put in a small to medium size bark mulch, aka kitty litter. We also have some cats in the neighborhood that would frighten away a rabid racoon. And so it went, and so did they, in my large front kitty litter box. I ordered a small animal repeller that acts like a rain-bird sprinkler when it detects motion. Har-har! When I received it, it looked sort of wanky, and I procrastinated, err, set it aside for a future date. That was at least two years ago. I planted 160 bulbs out front this past autumn. Now where did a put that blasted thing?

My garage is well organized yet somehow the gadget would disappear and reappear in different locations. Ah, there it is. All I needed to install it was a faucet, a hose, and a 'test person' to run across it and set it off. I asked my wife if she wanted to play the part of monkey girl and after some cursing at my joke, I decided to play the part of monkey boy and got the contraption set. It worked like a charm. No more kitty litter yard.

The Grey Flannel Suit -

Besides being a book and movie title, describes the cutest grey tabby my wife and I adored whenever we caught a glimpse of him on our walks. One day while working at my desk and looking out the window I noticed the little guy strolling across the yard getting ever closer to being fired upon by the water monster. All I could do was watch. He got closer and eventually walked right in front of the device, turned and passed it a second time and nada, not a drop. Next to the sprinkler is a flower pot with straggling limbs and flowers at the end. I watched as he rubbed his grey furry face on the flower. We both took in the moment.

Curiosity killed the cat -

The next is obvious. Moving over he put his nose right on the motion detector. Wham! - Poof! - Gone! A half second later I saw some grey fur propel across the street. I won't say I laughed....

The Revenge of the Bowery Cats -

I came home late this afternoon and took out the leaf blower and blew off the drive and walkway leading to the porch. I stopped in the front yard to gaze at the Erlicheer daffodils that are pushing through the ground. Thinking of nothing else, I strolled around the same area and wham, right in the arse!

Two things became evident to me: 1) It's been a while since I wet my pants, and 2) somewhere in the distance I just know a couple of tabbies were high-pawing each other.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 2020 - I can see clearly now - Bear900/CA on 1/3/20 7:12pm
 Re: 2020 - I can see clearly now -  Yoli/CA on 1/4/20 7:09am
 Same place same station - Bear900/CA on 1/9/20 1:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.