Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Very sad to hear this - he fought so hard
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 7/7/20 3:15am Msg #32094
Very sad - and eye opening... I heard today that he had NO pre-existing conditions and was very healthy prior to coming down with COVID. I believe the amputations were a result of some device used to keep patients alive that direct more blood flow to vital organs, as they begin to fail. It means less blood to extremities, though.

I heard a radio interview today with a 50 something yo guy who was just released from the hospital today after 30 days there. That guy lost most of the fingers of both hands because of that machine. He had also suffered some organ failure, including a heart attack (had to be resuscitated more than once), kidney failure (he was on dialysis for a while), etc., but he was one of the lucky ones, as the organ damage wasn't permanent.

I've heard a few different doctors claim that they believe the seriousness of a person's illness may be related to the 'viral load' they receive - and anyone can get it regardless of age or how healthy they are. These are cautionary tales that we all might do well to take to heart.

BTW, tonight I watched an interview with a doctor who said that some people who appear to be 'asymptomatic' still have scarring on their lungs showing up on chest x-rays, even though they didn't think they were impacted by the virus. No one knows the long term effect of COVID-19.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 RIP Nick Cordero who succumbed today from Covid-19 -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/5/20 10:15pm
 Very sad to hear this - he fought so hard - Linda_H/FL on 7/6/20 8:39am
 BTW - he was a Broadway actor - I don't recall him on any of - Linda_H/FL on 7/6/20 8:41am
 His wife had reported early on that he was in good health -  MW/VA on 7/6/20 1:33pm
 Re: His wife had reported early on that he was in good health - MikeC/TX on 7/6/20 4:32pm
 Re: Very sad to hear this - he fought so hard - SC/CA on 7/6/20 3:29pm
 Re: Very sad to hear this - he fought so hard -  JanetK_CA on 7/7/20 3:15am
 Heartbreaking. ;-( Prayers to his wife & family. n/m -  MW/VA on 7/6/20 1:31pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.