Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

TCM
Posted by  Mike Goodey of CA on 7/17/21 7:22pm Msg #33234
Happened to turn on the tube, turned to TCM (Turner Classic Movies) and watched, from 1968, "Bullitt." I've seen it before but is always a treat to see such a great actor in a renegade form. Especially when he did a lot of his own stunts. The unprecedented "car chase" was the one that other directors imitated and got their ideas from. It was a gold standard for years and years.
In 1963, McQueen starred in "The Great Escape" and did a lot of the motorcycle chases. I fact, the director had to use McQueen for stunts that others couldn't do. McQueen was being chased by German soldiers on motorcycles and McQueen had to double as one of the officers giving chase.
He was in many other movies but those two are my favorites.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 TCM -  Mike Goodey on 7/17/21 7:22pm
 Re: TCM - MikeC/TX on 7/18/21 5:36pm
 Re: TCM -  Mike Goodey on 7/21/21 8:36am
 Re: TCM - MikeC/TX on 7/24/21 5:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.