Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I am going to be mean and heartless here
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 9/24/21 2:33am Msg #33497
"...we all pay in the end."

Sad, but true, one way or another. Some of the ways that can happen:

* have a car accident, a heart attack, or some other illness that needs urgent medical attention that's now unavailable because of hospitals that have no more capacity
* Increased medical costs, some of which ends up paid by taxpayers (e.g. Medicare recipients)
* Loss of productivity, due to worker illness, quarantines due to exposure to Covid, workers who can't find (or afford) childcare anymore, etc.

I'm sure there are other ways. And they could all be prevented if people used more critical thinking with the data they consume. The "I heard...", "someone told me...", plus all the inferences and lies perpetuated either because someone didn't understand what they read, or they read something intentionally distorted for some personal agenda, etc., etc., etc., etc. are costing people their lives. Some of the ideas being floated around about the vaccine are beyond belief - except some folks DO believe them! [I could go on, but that would belong over in JP.]

When it comes to contagious illness, each person's decisions can have a huge impact well beyond their own life. It's really tragic... Frown

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Just told an acquaintance has COVID - Carolyn Bodley on 9/6/21 9:03am
 wow...so unnecessary...if they'd only listen n/m - Linda_H/FL on 9/6/21 10:42am
 The virus is rising among children. - NVLSlady/VA on 9/8/21 10:59am
 Re: Just told an acquaintance has COVID — update - Carolyn Bodley on 9/8/21 12:28pm
 Re: PS - we haven’t been anywhere near them for months - Carolyn Bodley on 9/8/21 12:33pm
 You're right, Carolyn, being a hermit had its - Linda_H/FL on 9/8/21 1:21pm
 Re: So glad you got immediate drugs/treatment - Carolyn Bodley on 9/8/21 1:51pm
 Re: Just told an acquaintance has COVID — update - MikeC/TX on 9/8/21 11:25pm
 Re: Just told an acquaintance has COVID — update - Carolyn Bodley on 9/9/21 10:33am
 Re: As I suspected, after 2 weeks in hospital he is home - Carolyn Bodley on 9/15/21 2:49pm
 Re: As I suspected, after 2 weeks in hospital he is home -  JanetK_CA on 9/15/21 4:32pm
 Re: As I suspected, after 2 weeks in hospital he is home - Carolyn Bodley on 9/15/21 6:03pm
 Re: As I suspected, after 2 weeks in hospital he is home - MikeC/TX on 10/3/21 4:49pm
 I am going to be mean and heartless here - Luckydog on 9/23/21 10:03am
 Re: I am going to be mean and heartless here - Carolyn Bodley on 9/23/21 10:41am
 Re: I am going to be mean and heartless here - Luckydog on 9/23/21 3:03pm
 Re: I am going to be mean and heartless here -  JanetK_CA on 9/24/21 2:33am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.