Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Paywalls
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 10/3/21 7:18pm Msg #33530
I've noticed a few people have complained about trying to read articles posted here that turn out to be behind a paywall - you can't read it unless you subscribe.

Here's a trick I've found works with the NY Times, and probably works for others as well. If you Google the headline of the article, you will usually get a link that allows you to get past the paywall - in the case of NYT, you get a little popup on the bottom of the screen that invites you to subscribe but doesn't block the article.

I understand the reasoning behind paywalls, but I can't afford to subscribe to every news site on the planet on the off chance that they will publish something I might find interesting, and some of them are quite expensive. I support media that I access on a regular basis - I have subscriptions to three different news sites - but if it's a one-off article I don't feel compelled to subscribe.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Paywalls - MikeC/TX on 10/3/21 7:18pm
 Agree. Good to know. Thanks for tip. n/m - Lee/AR on 10/4/21 5:51am
 Re: Paywalls - Luckydog on 10/4/21 9:01am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.