Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Planning for the holidays ... My saga from last year...
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 10/8/21 3:53pm Msg #33542
I think it will be a few weeks yet before the stores start stocking up. But thanks for mentioning this. You've got me thinking, as well...

I'm debating when to cook a turkey I still have in my freezer from last year ('cause I love turkey and always buy an extra when they're cheap around Thanksgiving). Early this year I got into a pickle, though, after I decided to try my hand at making a brisket. (I almost never eat red meat, but Covid had me trying all kinds of childhood comfort foods. Wink) It came out great, but somehow left me with a very dirty, greasy oven. Next time I tried to use the oven, it started spewing out smoke, setting off my (very, very loud) smoke detectors! I immediately turned off the oven and turned on the fan in my new above range microwave, only to discover that it had been improperly installed and was venting right back into my kitchen!

What a headache! I'll spare you all the details of trying to get Home Depot to get it installed properly (the way it was previously, with the old microwave). I'll just say that over a period of months, throughout the spring, it took many phone calls and four different appointments to finally get someone out (with the right knowledge - and the right part, which the original installer had tossed out) to get it operational so I could run the self-clean cycle in the oven. [And yes, the smoke detectors went off again for a few moments, but with open windows and a couple of other fans going, too, it worked well - and I now have a very clean oven! Smile] Suffice it to say, I will NEVER again use the Home Depot installation service!

Now that everything is in working order and that the weather is cooling down some, I'm thinking I should cook last year's turkey soon (hope it's still good...) with hopes of being able to find more this holiday season. I'm wondering whether or not we'll see the usual bargains on whole turkeys this year... Wink I'll be on the lookout soon, too.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Planning for the holidays ... -  Yoli/CA on 10/7/21 3:37pm
 Re: Planning for the holidays ...Not to worry -  Amigoaz on 10/8/21 10:44am
 Re: Planning for the holidays ... My saga from last year... -  JanetK_CA on 10/8/21 3:53pm
 Re: Planning for the holidays ... My saga from last year... - Luckydog on 10/8/21 4:15pm
 Re: Planning for the holidays ... My saga from last year... -  JanetK_CA on 10/8/21 6:02pm
 Re: Planning for the holidays ... My saga from last year... -  Yoli/CA on 10/8/21 6:24pm
 Re: Planning for the holidays ... My saga from last year... -  Yoli/CA on 10/8/21 5:11pm
 Re: Planning for the holidays ... - MikeC/TX on 10/8/21 4:21pm
 Re: Planning for the holidays ... LOL, Mike!! -  Yoli/CA on 10/8/21 5:08pm
 Re: Planning for the holidays ... LOL, Mike!! - MikeC/TX on 10/9/21 4:20pm
 Re: Planning for the holidays ... LOL, Mike!! -  JanetK_CA on 10/9/21 5:02pm
 Re: Planning for the holidays ... LOL, Mike!! -  Yoli/CA on 10/11/21 1:40pm
 Re: Planning for the holidays ... -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/13/21 8:06am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.