Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I'm just discovering how the parasympathetic nervous system
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 11/20/21 10:17amMsg #33748
works, and have found it quite rejuvenating to begin my morning with stimulating the vagus nerve, prior to morning routine/stretches. It’s calming, and seems to have a lasting effect throughout the day (also promoting better sleep) - which I find to be balancing especially as I gear-up for the holidays and commit to an insane amount of fun and frivolity, and good stress. Here's a sample clip.

http://youtu.be/zUx5kLFyx-M

There’s alot of research about it (parasympathetic /sympathetic nervous system/ autonomic nervous system – well heck – just the nervous system, period! ) Anyway, it has recently taken center-stage in regulating heart rate, and reducing health issues. And, bonus, for me, it feels good ! :-) (that is, the effects of the exercises). Another tool in the toolbox.

“Stimulation of the vagus nerve increases smooth muscle tone and secretion of stomach acid and digestive hormones. Vagal stimulation also decreases heart rate and the force of cardiac contraction.” From: http://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/parasympathetic-nervous-system
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 I'm just discovering how the parasympathetic nervous system - SC/CA on 11/20/21 10:17am
 Wow. Thank you for this. I have Fibromyalgia, which -  MW/VA on 11/20/21 11:01am
 Re: Wow. Thank you for this. I have Fibromyalgia, which - SC/CA on 11/20/21 11:13am
 Thank you for this. Giving it a go! n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/23/21 10:26am
 parasympathetic nervous system - NVLSlady/VA on 11/24/21 2:39pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.