Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: California driver license
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 11/29/21 9:00pm Msg #33786
Hi Joan! Hope you're doing well!

I believe there are a variety of variables, such as driving record, whether or not you need to take a vision test, possibly how long it's been since the last photo, and whether or not they want you to retake the written or driving test. I don't know the when or why, but I vaguely recall that the renewal notice will say. [Age may have something to do with it. Wink]

I had to go in for my last renewal (the year before Covid, fortunately), even though my driving record was clean, I think for an eye test. I did end up getting a new photo, too. I've had good luck walking in without an appointment mid-afternoon two different times. Once on a rainy day and another time on the Friday before a 3-day weekend. (I guess the DMV isn't where people want to be on those occasions... Wink) Both times I was in and out in about an hour - including the sign-up on their computers, the eye-test & new photo. (I didn't have to do any other testing.)

The last time I had to renew, I tried to get an appointment the day after I got my renewal notice, but one of the offices within somewhat reasonable driving distance was closed, so the first appointment I could get anywhere in my county was a month after the expiration date! So I just tried popping in.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 California driver license -  Joan Bergstrom on 11/29/21 4:52pm
 Re: California driver license -  Mike Goodey on 11/29/21 5:58pm
 In VA we can renew online. Doesn't CA have that? n/m -  MW/VA on 11/29/21 6:29pm
 Re: California driver license -  JanetK_CA on 11/29/21 9:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.