Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Two, twenty, two, twenty, two
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 12/3/21 3:52pm Msg #33821
I figured if anyone would know that trail you would! One of the most beautiful places in CA too.

I'm laughing at "Just walking to and from town was a workout." LOL....so if you've never attended...here's what happens...

You Sprint from downtown to the bottom of the stairs. Some recent footage show runners gradually strolling almost through town then walking the 671 stairs. The 16 to 30 year-old group sprinted to get to the stairs so the crowd would help push them up, like if that were possible. I saw runners climbing the foliage on the side of the steps passing runners on the steps. THEN, after sprinting and running up the 671 steps, the run begins, if you're not hyperventilated or passed out.

Ahh...Cardiac Hill, Suicide Gulch...fun times! There were times when my legs felt like lead weights, and other times when I was flying, almost falling downhill. A real fall, especially on pavement portions, would have been disastrous.

So back to the sprint, run, sprint, run. At about the final half mile I had enough training to sprint the rest of the way passing hundreds of people. Some were slow, some walking, some sitting. That moved me up in place and I got a medal. Actually, everybody that finished got a Survivor's medal. Big band welcoming you across the finish line followed by a BBQ and celebration. I was so thirsty I chugged a bottle of ice-cold water and got bad stomach cramps. Dumb!

The race has changed in so many ways, most that I don't like. I liked it when the trail was rustic with no water or medic stations, no guides. It was a REAL torture and survival run. No one to help but maybe a helicopter to take you out. In fact, that happened.

For many years women were not allowed in the race. So, you can imagine me describing this fantastic run of endurance to a group of women for their inspiration moment at our local Women's Council of Realtors, at a real low time of our business. You Can Do It!

For those not aware of the run (I've posted this before):

http://youtu.be/U3j7qzeH9mc
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Two, twenty, two, twenty, two - Bear900/CA on 12/2/21 4:31pm
 Re: Two, twenty, two, twenty, two - SC/CA on 12/3/21 1:24pm
 Re: Two, twenty, two, twenty, two - Bear900/CA on 12/3/21 3:52pm
 Re: Two, twenty, two, twenty, two - SC/CA on 12/4/21 12:19pm
 Re: Two, twenty, two, twenty, two - Bear900/CA on 12/4/21 4:54pm
 Re: Two, twenty, two, twenty, two - Bear900/CA on 12/4/21 4:57pm
 Re: Two, twenty, two, twenty, two - SC/CA on 12/4/21 6:22pm
 Re: Two, twenty, two, twenty, two - SC/CA on 12/4/21 6:31pm
 Re: Two, twenty, two, twenty, two - Bear900/CA on 12/4/21 7:00pm
 Re: Two, twenty, two, twenty, two - SC/CA on 12/10/21 3:44pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.