Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Don’t know if things will ever go back to normal
Posted by Carolyn Bodley of CO on 12/7/21 10:09pm Msg #33892
This morning husband was getting ready to leave for an appointment. It was 7:00 and as he was putting on his coat he said someone kept going back snd forth across the street. It was a woman with 2 suitcases, couple of backpacks and about 6 trash bags. I watched her for several minutes put everything in the neighbor’s front yard and then she sat down. I texted the neighbors asking if they were expecting a visitor and she said no. They talked to the woman from inside their door. Her and boyfriend had fight and she had no where to go and this was all her belongings she could get out with. She began carrying her belongings on down the street to another yard. It took several trips. We have a women’s shelter a couple blocks away. I had my pajamas and robe on and slipped on my shoes. I jumped in the car and found her in our little neighborhood park. She was probably in her 30’s and didn’t look good. I rolled down the passenger window about 4 inches and motioned for her to come to the car. I told her if she followed the path out of the park thru a trail in the field, she would find the women’s shelter. It is not marked in any way, but everyone in neighborhood knows it’s there. She was very thankful and began crying. Before 2020, I would have driven her and her belongings the block-and-half myself. Today, I didn’t know if she was sick and contagious; I didn’t know if who beat her up was following her and hiding … I didn’t know a lot of things that used to never matter. At least I gave her a destination and pointed her in the right direction so she wasn’t wandering aimlessly.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Don’t know if things will ever go back to normal - Carolyn Bodley on 12/7/21 10:09pm
 Kudos, Carolyn... The world needs more folks like you :) n/m - Linda_H/FL on 12/7/21 10:29pm
 + 1 n/m - Bear900/CA on 12/8/21 10:53am
 Re: Don’t know if things will ever go back to normal - MikeC/TX on 12/7/21 11:11pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.