Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Pet Sounds
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 1/27/23 3:17pm Msg #35627
Pet Sounds – an absolutely classic album, such harmonic mastery. Good pick with God Only Knows! It was fun to listen to it again! There was a good documentary about Brian Wilson, and among other things, the making of God Only Knows and how Brian was determined to have that big thump sound that you hear in the very beginning of the song – having the band play it repeatedly, to his liking.

A friend gave us a recording of Pet Sounds vocal outtakes, it was very cool. Same with Marvin Gaye – just his voice out-takes prior to mixing – you really hear the genius of their voices. I don’t know what happened to those tapes! Yes, we still have tapes! :-)

I saw the Beach Boys in NY when I was 15, shortly after my first trip to CA (my first solo air travel). After which I knew I wanted to live in CA. After staying in Ojai/Ventura/Santa Barbara/Newport Beach – I was in love. So, at the concert, I was a screaming teenager in the audience saying, “I’m moving to CA.” Little did my family realize at the time that I was serious! :-) I saved-up money during High School and then when it came time to go to College, I ended-up in Northern CA, which is gorgeous! It changed the trajectory of my life.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Pet Sounds - Bear900/CA on 1/26/23 11:36pm
 Re: Pet Sounds - Bear900/CA on 1/27/23 1:16am
 Re: Pet Sounds - SC/CA on 1/27/23 3:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.