Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

And then there was one
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/28/24 10:01am Msg #36936
I started walking over 25 years ago when I developed some back spasms. Walking fixed it so I kept it up. An older gentleman and I would pass each morning. We talked and I discovered he was an ex-boxer and trainer. he walked fast and long. I viewed him as a marathon man. He never faltered.

Then another gentleman who I got to know began walking. He too was swift and walked even long distances. His wife and I had physical therapy together after my knee surgery, so I got to know him.

The second one passed away about 5 years ago but he lived long. I still see his wife on occasion.

The first one disappeared from walking about three years ago. Not sure what happened.

They were older but there was always the three of us out daily. I thought about that this morning. Another neighbor lady across the street also had a knee replacement and we too had physical therapy together commented to my wife how her and her husband see me out each morning and though inspired, they never walk.

Then there was the clan of neighbor ladies that I passed every morning. We happen to all be friends. One just moved to Spain with her husband and the other two stopped walking for now at least.

Feeling all alone here! Maybe when the weather warms up, I'll see some new walkers. I'm hoping I inspire some who see me walking every morning to get themselves moving. There are a few hopefuls.

In the meantime, it's Han Solo, Jedi!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Me walking early in the morning - Bear900/CA on 3/27/24 9:36am
 LOL :-) n/m - SC/CA on 3/27/24 11:49am
 And then there was one - Bear900/CA on 3/28/24 10:01am
 Re: And then there was one - SC/CA on 3/29/24 11:48am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.