Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: And then there was one
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 3/29/24 11:48am Msg #36942
Isn’t that funny how you develop a clan of people out there, in your routine activities. People come and go, it’s so true. We wonder too about how other people are doing.

We had this one walker, we called her the beehive lady, because for a long time, well into to the1990’s she was still wearing sky-high hair in a 1950’s beehive, like Thelma on the Simpsons. It wasn’t really nice to call her beehive lady, but we were kids, and we did. Anyway, years went on and we got to know her and her husband and their son really well. At first, I saw them walking down the street, as I zoomed past in the car on my way to work. My husband would zoom past on his bike as he commuted to work… he all waved and said hello as we passed each other. Then, we slowed down and started walking more in the neighborhood, and had the best chats with them. This went on for 30 years. We haven’t seen Ray and Donna for a while, but we see their son every so often, while out for a walk. Ray and Donna are now in their 90’s. We even know Ray’s ex-boss, whom I'd also known from the gym. He’s in his 70’s and still zooms past on his bicycle, we all wave and chat and catch-up. It’s amazing how you can carry on conversions, and even casual relationships... while moving :-)

We walk only a few times a week, and this winter we’ve seeing a few ambitious young families and some dog walkers. I won a gift certificate at a local bagel shop (I have penchant for winning random radio trivia contests), so this weekend we’re turning it into a grab some lox and bagels, and walk along the waterfront trail, date. Should be fun, maybe we’ll see some of our peeps! :-)
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Me walking early in the morning - Bear900/CA on 3/27/24 9:36am
 LOL :-) n/m - SC/CA on 3/27/24 11:49am
 And then there was one - Bear900/CA on 3/28/24 10:01am
 Re: And then there was one - SC/CA on 3/29/24 11:48am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.