Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

The character in the movie went by 'Harmonica'
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 4/5/24 10:25am Msg #36960
That's what they called the dark and mysterious character played by Charles Bronson, an actor I always liked. At the end, when he guns down Henry Fonda, he sticks his harmonica in Fonda's mouth, something Fonda did to him when he was a young lad and Fonda killed his dad. This isn't unraveled until the very end of the movie. In most every scene with Bronson, he either plays the harmonica, or the harmonica track (with music) is played in the background.

This is a movie I hadn't seen in decades and didn't really care to as it can be dark if you don't realize it's actually a platform for some really great music writing.

Once I learned all this, I explained the music part to my wife. I was surprised she remained awake through the entire movie and really liked it partly due to the various soundtracks. I then played her the recordings I listed here, and she really got into them.

It was a movie-changing experience for us, and I actually look forward to seeing/hearing it again soon.

I liked Jason Robards character the most. Mostly because of the music score that backs him up as a nutty, funny bad guy.

Try watching it someday paying attention to the music. Sometimes we take for granted the great compositions backed by symphony and chorus lines in some of these western classics.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Once Upon a Time in the West - Bear900/CA on 4/1/24 12:38am
 Once Upon a Time in the West vocal - Bear900/CA on 4/1/24 12:44am
 Re: Once Upon a Time in the West vocal - bagger on 4/3/24 6:07pm
 Re: Once Upon a Time in the West vocal - Bear900/CA on 4/4/24 7:47pm
 The character in the movie went by 'Harmonica' - Bear900/CA on 4/5/24 10:25am
 Re: Once Upon a Time in the West -  Yoli/CA on 4/1/24 10:38am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.