Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Wyoming VS Colorado travel
Posted by  Vince/KS of KS on 8/23/07 9:16am Msg #19
Ted, had put my two cents worth in on this. I used to travel all over Colorado from 1974 to 1984 all times of the year. Occasionally went to Wyoming (yes, they called me a “greenie” ask someone from Wyoming in that era why that term). The two states are close by miles, but not by car travel standards. In Wyoming you really do need the emergency items that you should carry in your trunk. With the strong and severe winds (how many states place wind socks besides the highway in the winter?) highways are frequently closed for long periods of time (yes, much longer than I-70) and they frequently wait longer to do so. Trucks are literally blown off the road. Add in the desolation of the nearby areas and you have a different mess. “Windshield” time in the two states is very different. Each has different, but similarly beautiful areas. I have an uncle that traveled the entire state of Wyoming as a commercial property insurance inspector for thirty years. That was after three years in the Denver Office doing the same thing with similar travel there. We liked to exchange stories when we got together. His were certainly more interesting by comparison.

In school we used to like to talk about geographical differences. At the time (50's), Wyoming had the second smallest capitol city (Reno was #1). The entire state had a population less than Denver. But, the entire population of Colorado was less than most east coast cities.

Wyoming has its Jackson Hole while Colorado has its Aspen, Vail, Estes Park and so on. While the Rockies go through both - the wilderness is certainly greater in Wyoming! Much to take pictures of in both states.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Long trips to signings -  TRG_wy on 8/22/07 10:26am
 You should upload those pics to Google Earth -  Charles_Ca on 8/22/07 10:30am
 Re: Long trips to signings - Teddog/CO on 8/22/07 10:31am
 Wyoming VS Colorado travel -  Vince/KS on 8/23/07 9:16am
 Hey! Vince Where the heck is Kansas. lol :) n/m - Teddog/CO on 8/25/07 11:33am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.