Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I have this idea ...
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 6/24/18 9:58pm Msg #71747
… if you open a business to sell stuff to the public, you have to sell it to everybody who walks through your door. You don't get to say your religious beliefs or moral standards prohibit you from selling to whoever because they offend you in some way. If you can't sell to everybody, than close your doors and go sweep streets.

There is this story today about an Arizona pharmacist who refused to fill a doctor's Rx that would cause contractions so a woman could expel her dead 2-month old fetus. She had a choice, surgery to remove the fetus that had no heartbeat and had not developed or the Rx. The idiot at Walgreens wouldn't give it to her cos it offended his something or another. GO GET ANOTHER JOB. This poor lady was devastated that she'd suffered this miscarriage, yet he lectured her in front of her 7-year-old daughter and 5 other people waiting in line about his superior values.

People who use their religion or sense of morals to deny other people the very stuff they are selling are nothing but hypocritical bigots themselves, IMO. Pretty soon they'll be saying lunch counter workers don't have to serve milkshakes to blacks cos blacks offend their strongly held beliefs. Oh, right, we already did that.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Double standard? - MikeC/TX on 6/23/18 4:55pm
 To Sarah: womp, womp n/m - BearPaw/CO on 6/23/18 9:33pm
 Starting to sound like Chubby Checker - bagger on 6/24/18 7:24am
 Re: Double standard? - jnew on 6/24/18 10:38am
 Re: Double standard? - MikeC/TX on 6/24/18 5:51pm
 I have this idea ... - BearPaw/CO on 6/24/18 9:58pm
 Sorry, I disagree - bagger on 6/30/18 11:37am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.