Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Before this gets lost...about the "Notarize" company
Posted by LKT/CA of CA on 2/6/16 10:28am Msg #545526
As I said earlier, the platform of the Notarize Co. is limited to ID and personal appearance being the reason their software will work in all 50 states. Their "claim to fame" misses at least two other important fundamentals of notary law from ALL 50 states, which are alertness/awareness of the signer and willingness to sign. Those two fundamentals should not and cannot be ignored.

The VA governor needs to hear from notaries in all 50 states, because "Notaries" is claiming compliance for all 50 states. I'm sure many of us have experienced appointments where signers couldn't and wouldn't sign and we halted the appt, gathered our belongings and left the scene. Those stories need to be shouted from the rooftops as they are vital in what we are commissioned to do as notaries - which is to curtail fraud and run-of-the-mill webcam notarizations will CREATE more fraud than they will curtail, especially for the elderly, if those two important fundamentals are ignored.

As I stated in the earlier thread - webcam notarizations, in a limited capacity, can work for the business exec or gov't employee who needs frequent, on-demand notarizations for business purposes. This person has established an on-going and IN-PERSON notarization relationship with a VA notary public over a time period of <for example> at least 2 years. I believe that was VA's intent with webcam notarizations.

One question I have is: What would be the venue for a webcam notarization...VA or the signer's location? Who's feet are more important? If it's the signer's feet, won't that states' notarial laws apply? If so, a VA notary will have to be well-versed in ALL 50 states, notarial laws, PLUS, know recording and real estate laws (i.e. witnesses, attorney states)of all 50 states (i.e. ink color) so as to not get recordable docs rejected. Many notaries already take issue with CA's "penalty of perjury" statement on the acknowledgment so if CA is the venue, VA notaries will HAVE to complete complaint CA acknowledgments and sign "under PENALTY OF PERJURY of the laws of the State of CA" if CA is the venue.

Notaries Co. has opened a pandora's box AND a can of worms.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Before this gets lost...about the "Notarize" company - Lee/AR on 2/6/16 1:22am
 Yep, you nailed it! Well said - and I totally agree! -  JanetK_CA on 2/6/16 1:38am
 And no notary should depend on on a certain -  Linda_H/FL on 2/6/16 7:31am
 Like most states, I'm sure it's about "follow the money". -  MW/VA on 2/6/16 8:12am
 Re: Before this gets lost...about the "Notarize" company - LKT/CA on 2/6/16 10:28am
 Re: Before this gets lost...about the "Notarize" company -  FGX/NJ on 2/6/16 11:18am
 Re: Before this gets lost...about the "Notarize" company -  JanetK_CA on 2/6/16 1:55pm
 Re: Before this gets lost...about the "Notarize" company - LKT/CA on 2/6/16 7:15pm
 Re: Before this gets lost...about the "Notarize" company -  VT_Syrup on 2/7/16 5:59am
 VT...see Msg #545440 -  Linda_H/FL on 2/7/16 12:37pm
 Notarize - the Uber for VA notaries - zetetic/IN on 2/6/16 6:07pm
 We cannot assume this applies to loan closings. I still -  MW/VA on 2/8/16 7:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.