Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Wake up call for notaries/NSAs
Posted by grapebed of MO on 2/25/18 1:09pm Msg #590321
Thanks for the your interesting post and I applaud your friend for getting a new job at age 64. That's not easy.

The main question for me: is this time different? Ever since I joined ( or started posting on ) the NR Forum, there have many posts about the demise of our industry, warnings to new notaries about the business, the increased competition and falling fees. I remember when I genuinely made an effort to start in the business ( 2013 ish) , I would read NR posts that would warn me to get "out of the business" while you still have time. It was scary. It was so discouraging. I was so confused.

My first three years, I did just fine. No I was not around for the boom days. But I did fine. No complaints admisdt many posts about the world coming to an end. Then I left the business in 2016 to become a mortgage broker. I hated it. More money? Yes. And after giving it a shot for 18 months, I finally decided to comeback to NSA land in August/September 2017 and started over.

The jury is still out. My biggest and most unknown fear is the all digital closing. I have been hearing about that for years. I have never been asked to perform any sort digital, eclose, remote close, hybrid close, however you want to label it. I can't quantify that risk. Otherwise, my main job is marketing, marketing, marketing. The "signing" component is easy.

I would say to a younger person do not even think about becoming a NSA. Join a real company, get a salary, bonus, paid vacation, sick pay, profit sharing, matching 4 01K, ESOP, defined benefit, health insurance, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, paid time off, sabbaticals, education, etc.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Wake up call for notaries/NSAs -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/25/18 12:16pm
 Re: Wake up call for notaries/NSAs - grapebed on 2/25/18 1:09pm
 Re: Wake up call for notaries/NSAs - Luckydog on 2/25/18 6:20pm
 Re: Wake up call for notaries/NSAs - SteveS/CA on 2/26/18 9:44am
 Re: Wake up call for notaries/NSAs - Shoshana/AZ on 2/25/18 1:37pm
 Re: Wake up call for notaries/NSAs - Louisiana33 on 2/26/18 11:47am
 Great post Cheryl! - FeliseSoCal on 2/26/18 5:39pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.