Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice
Posted by Peter Bugbee of CO on 9/10/18 11:18am Msg #598292
Curious if anyone practices this way. I'm a mobile notary (3+ years) and needed the services of another mobile notary to notarize papers for my wife and I. For forms requiring signer to take oath
or state affirmation, she required each of us to raise our right hand, swear (not affirm) respective statement. I questioned the need to "raise right hand and swear, not just make statement of affirmation." she said, "that's what's required and you must do each the way I request or I won't proceed."

I know here in Colorado, raising right hand and swearing is not required, per Colorado Notary Handbook. I never require someone to raise right hand and swear. Statement of affirmation, yes.

Anyone else ask for this level of "compliance" regarding written instruments requiring oath or affirmation?

Thanks !
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice - Peter Bugbee on 9/10/18 11:18am
 This is nothing short of embarrassing grandstanding - BearPaw/CO on 9/10/18 12:11pm
 Re: Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice -  JanetK_CA on 9/10/18 1:05pm
 I do see your point. BTW. a jurat does require an "oath", -  MW/VA on 9/10/18 1:08pm
 Re: Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice -  VT_Syrup on 9/10/18 1:41pm
 Re: Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice - Clem/CA on 9/10/18 1:55pm
 Re: Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice - Clem/CA on 9/10/18 1:55pm
 Stolen from someone here on this forum a long time ago..... - BearPaw/CO on 9/10/18 3:13pm
 Re: Stolen from someone here on this forum a long time ago..... -  Dennis_IN on 9/10/18 5:02pm
 Re: Stolen from someone here on this forum a long time ago..... - BearPaw/CO on 9/10/18 9:09pm
 Re: Stolen from someone here on this forum a long time ago..... -  Dennis_IN on 9/11/18 2:06pm
 Like affirmation statement (read it for yourself, sign) - NVLSlady/VA on 9/10/18 8:09pm
 "Swear OR Affirm." Standard lingo. Not sure why - NVLSlady/VA on 9/10/18 2:05pm
 Re: "Swear OR Affirm." Standard lingo. Not sure why -  Claudine Osborne on 9/10/18 8:25pm
 Re: "Swear OR Affirm." Standard lingo. Not sure why - Peter Bugbee on 9/12/18 8:23am
 Check out responses in Msg #335314. Most predictable:) n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 9/12/18 2:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.