Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

This is nothing short of embarrassing grandstanding
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 9/10/18 12:11pm Msg #598294
Another arrogant notary thinking she knows everything when she obviously knows nothing. And then threatening you with leaving. You could report her to the SOS for that: threatening to refuse a lawful notary request because of her nutty interpretation of CO law. (Not that it would get you anywhere but might make you feel better.) As to your question: I never do the "Law & Order" courthouse oath with raised hand, invoking the deity, etc. I'm there to facilitate a business transaction, not prepare signers for trial.

Still, the fact that she even gave you an oath is amazing in itself. Plenty of notaries don't even know what a jurat is and plenty more never deliver an oath/affirmation.

BTW: a couple of years ago when Jeremy Belmont had me in his sights (and keep in mind I did not then nor do I now have a paid listing; he put me on for free to make it look like he has more paid members than he does. I've asked Carmen to take me off twice, she does, and he puts me right back on), Anyway during his stupid phone test, he asked me to do a representative oath, and I responded: <<Do you solemnly affirm all statements you make are truthful and correct>> or something similar. He went absolutely ballistic and started SCREAMING at me about how "You women have wrecked" the whole notary thing and ranted about how "we women" have degraded the "so help you God" oath by not requiring raised hands and all. Basically, doing exactly what your notary demanded. We always knew he was crazy *and* a misogynist, too? No surprise. there . But I digress.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice - Peter Bugbee on 9/10/18 11:18am
 This is nothing short of embarrassing grandstanding - BearPaw/CO on 9/10/18 12:11pm
 Re: Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice -  JanetK_CA on 9/10/18 1:05pm
 I do see your point. BTW. a jurat does require an "oath", -  MW/VA on 9/10/18 1:08pm
 Re: Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice -  VT_Syrup on 9/10/18 1:41pm
 Re: Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice - Clem/CA on 9/10/18 1:55pm
 Re: Mobile notary oath and affirmation practice - Clem/CA on 9/10/18 1:55pm
 Stolen from someone here on this forum a long time ago..... - BearPaw/CO on 9/10/18 3:13pm
 Re: Stolen from someone here on this forum a long time ago..... -  Dennis_IN on 9/10/18 5:02pm
 Re: Stolen from someone here on this forum a long time ago..... - BearPaw/CO on 9/10/18 9:09pm
 Re: Stolen from someone here on this forum a long time ago..... -  Dennis_IN on 9/11/18 2:06pm
 Like affirmation statement (read it for yourself, sign) - NVLSlady/VA on 9/10/18 8:09pm
 "Swear OR Affirm." Standard lingo. Not sure why - NVLSlady/VA on 9/10/18 2:05pm
 Re: "Swear OR Affirm." Standard lingo. Not sure why -  Claudine Osborne on 9/10/18 8:25pm
 Re: "Swear OR Affirm." Standard lingo. Not sure why - Peter Bugbee on 9/12/18 8:23am
 Check out responses in Msg #335314. Most predictable:) n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 9/12/18 2:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.