Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

After the fact, they were all "all over the story"
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 7/30/18 5:55pm Msg #71879
In real time, when it was hitting the island, the ONLY station that had live coverage was CNN. I don't really care for CNN, but the truth is the truth.

When I hear about all these networks asking and wringing their collective hands about what has not been done, I always want to tell them, show me what you thought was important when the disaster was actually happening, then we can take your complaints serious or not.

BTW, do a google search with only 7 days prior to the hurricane actually hitting PR and you will see all kinds of reporting of just what the federal gov't was doing to prepare for it. After these "news" outlets saw an opportunity to use the disaster against Trump all of a sudden, the false story became that the federal gov't didn't do anything.

Don't get me wrong, overall, America and the fed gov't could have, and should have, done more for PR, but to downplay and outright deny efforts that just days before the same outlets were reporting on says a heck of a lot more about those outlets than Trump or his administration, imo.

There were, and still are, things to criticize about what and how the fed gov't reacted to the disaster, however, when you (the outlets) lie and deny the actual positive things done, imo, they only hurt the people who really need the help.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt is "unamerican"??? - Moneyman/TX on 7/14/18 3:46pm
 Re: Wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt is "unamerican"??? - MikeC/TX on 7/15/18 7:14pm
 Re: Wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt is "unamerican"??? - shooterclay on 7/18/18 7:58pm
 Re: Wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt is "unamerican"??? - MikeC/TX on 7/19/18 4:14pm
 Re: Wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt is "unamerican"??? - shooterclay on 7/19/18 8:13pm
 Re: Wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt is "unamerican"??? - Moneyman/TX on 7/20/18 5:00pm
 Re: Wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt is "unamerican"??? - bagger on 7/21/18 9:15am
 Re: Wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt is "unamerican"??? - Moneyman/TX on 7/21/18 5:38pm
 Re: Wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt is "unamerican"??? - MikeC/TX on 7/21/18 6:48pm
 Corrections and clarifications - bagger on 7/23/18 1:17pm
 Re: Corrections and clarifications - MikeC/TX on 7/23/18 4:19pm
 Re: Corrections and clarifications - bagger on 7/23/18 4:27pm
 Re: Corrections and clarifications - MikeC/TX on 7/23/18 9:52pm
 Re: Corrections and clarifications - bagger on 7/24/18 4:38am
 After the fact, they were all "all over the story" - Moneyman/TX on 7/30/18 5:55pm
 Re: After the fact, they were all "all over the story" - bagger on 8/1/18 11:39am
 Re: Wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt is "unamerican"??? - MikeC/TX on 7/20/18 11:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.