Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #591702

10 replies
Looking for guidance on an Ack for a business loan.
By  MW/VA on 3/29/18 8:52am

I've never had one with this wording & the signing is this afternoon. I did reach out to the tc.
The wording is as follows:
"The foregoing instrument was acknowledged before me, the undersigned Notary Public, in the City/County and State aforesaid, this ____ day of ______________ by _________________, as ______________ of _______________ a ______________ on behalf of the _______________."

I would complete is as "this 29th day of March, 2018, by John Doe, President of John Doe, Inc., a VA Corp. on behalf of the Corp.
I know CA doesn't allow "capacity", so does anyone have a different take on this?

Msg #591700

2 replies
Widmer Closing Services, Ohio G/B/U
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/29/18 7:37am

Gary Widmer, owner, listed as a notary on Snapdocs, and has a listing on linkedin, but not in SC.

Widmer Closing Services
Oregon, Ohio
419-931-4781

http://www.widmerclosingservices.com/

Msg #591694

3 replies
eclosings in California
By Holly Graves on 3/28/18 7:48pm

I am having trouble with finding out about eclosings in CA. I have called the NNA and they are vague. I have title companies sending info stating "are you ready for eclosings, coming to your area soon."

Any info would be appreciated!

Msg #591683

1 replies
Thinking about inspections? More self serve on the way
By  Linda_in_IN on 3/28/18 12:29pm

I don't do as many inspections from WeGoLook as I have in the past--even with the number I did it was primarily gas money--but found this interesting. I realize some insurance companies already offer the feature of take your own photos, but I see this as definitely cutting into the small opportunities that came my way. At least the Total Loss inspections, which require a notary, are still on the table.

When a claim qualifies for CCC’s mobile channel, policyholders are instructed by their insurer how to capture and upload photos of the damage via smart device. However, when the policyholder requests assistance, or they do not complete the process within the insurer-defined period, insurers can send us an electronic notification through CCC ONE.

As soon as we receive the request for assistance, we dispatch a nearby Looker to take and upload photos to CCC ONE. Once the photos are uploaded, they are immediately available for insurance appraisers to initiate the claims or repair process.

Additionally, any of CCC’s customers can directly assign claims to WeGoLook through CCC ONE. Once assigned, we immediately dispatch Lookers to capture and upload photos and other requested information from the site of the claim. We’re very excited about this partnership the many ways it allows WeGoLook to offer value to policyholders and insurers alike. With CCC and WeGoLook, policyholders gain an even more seamless experience when filing self-service claims. Insurers get access to our on-demand workforce through the CCC platform to help them provide even better service to their insurance industry clients.

Msg #591665

18 replies
E&O Insurance question
By Wais Sarwari on 3/28/18 9:34am

One of my title company is requiring 1 million dollar coverage, I have a 100 K and I don't get that many closings from this company since they are located in different state. is anyone experiencing this?

Msg #591660

7 replies
How does Loan-Closers in Mission Viejo get 5*s
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/28/18 8:20am

Very pleasant and wonderful schedulers. Lower pay; average $86-$90?
I don't think that just because they are courteous and pleasant that earns 5 stars, do you guys?

They called me yesterday and went into voice mail. DNA! Their fees are low and they are bouncing checks.

NOTARY BEWARE!

Msg #591644

10 replies
Witnessing a document
By LarryTN on 3/27/18 5:52pm

Can a Georgia notary notarize and witness a document?

Msg #591635

7 replies
2020 Census n/m
By ArtG/KS on 3/27/18 4:35pm

Msg #591613

7 replies
Mentor needed
By Nancy Heil on 3/27/18 10:38am

I am in Florida. I need help getting started if I could get advice. I’ve signed up with a lot of companies since November 2017 and I’ve received 1 signing. I get notices from Snapdocs, I respond as soon as I receive it, only to find out 20-30 minutes later that it was given to another notary. So many of the services charge me money every year to get on their list and I want to know which one is the best. My email is nsheil1@yahoo.com if you would like to respond privately. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Msg #591600

18 replies
Has paper gone up, or any good deals out there?
By  garland/CA on 3/26/18 9:22pm

I used to always get a case of letter paper from Staples for $9.99-$14.99 (pay full price, get VISA card as rebate). Now I can't find that anywhere. The offers I am getting showing a "great deal" are over $30. Often $40 and up. Has anyone recently gotten the $9.99-$14.99 deal?

Msg #591588

2 replies
Anyone worked with Sign-it Notary? G/B/U? n/m
By  Dennis_IN on 3/26/18 6:21pm

Msg #591575

21 replies
Signer signing for two trust
By JustANotary on 3/26/18 3:45pm

I did a signing (California) where the signer is signing for the trust her & her deceased husband did & also signing for her own trust (A / B Trust). On one trust she is listed as Jane Doe, on the other trust, she is listed as Jane C. Doe. In the notary field, I put Jane C. Doe which I figured would cover for both trusts. The lender is wanting me to put her name in the notary field twice showing both names. They say that is because she had signed the documents twice and because one name showed the initial and one did not. I have never listed a borrower's name twice in the notary field. I have done about 9,000 signings & I have never been asked to do this. What do you all think?

Msg #591574

1 replies
Notaries in Motion:
By SC/CA on 3/26/18 3:37pm

Mixed reviews in SC. Any recent input to be shared - g/b/u/? Appreciate it. Thanks.

Msg #591573

4 replies
BEWARE the bogus emails claiming to be an attachment
By  MW/VA on 3/26/18 3:01pm

with closing documents. I got another one today from "Dani.Olson @ bigiron.com" with alleged closing documents attached. I didn't have anything scheduled. I tried the phone nos. & they weren't legit. Also, "Bigiron" is an online auction site. The hackers & phishers are active! ;-(

Msg #591565

12 replies
Today Article re eClosing vs remote closings....
By  Pamela/CA on 3/26/18 12:07pm

Please, guys, put aside your bias re NNA and put on your Business Owner hat to read this amazing Article. It appears NNA may be placing distance between their Membership and the remote closing advocates in an interview with North Carolina's SOS that leans heavily toward eClose not remotes

https://www.nationalnotary.org/notary-bulletin/blog/2018/03/north-carolina-blazing-a-trail-of-eclosings?utm_campaign=bulletin20180326&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nnabulletin&utm_content=BodyTitleElectronicClosingsNC&content_type=6&position=2&NNAID=15287886

Msg #591561

2 replies
Huge God shot! Had a sellers' package in Montecito yesterday
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/25/18 11:19am

Google maps took me on a long, circuitous trail to the clients' home due to road closures. When I arrive, I see that their home is only one among a couple of dozen sprawling homes that was impacted minimally by mud flow and raging waters. It was because their foundation is 4' feet off the ground, and the Montecito Creek that flowed midway through their property separating house from pool and tennis courts was the basin for collecting debris and mud, everything went to the ocean not far away.
It was a saving grace!

It was sobering. The husband was on travel, wife home with daughter and dogs. It was dark at 3:30am when the mudflow occurred. When daylight came, she was shocked at the street scene. They have evacuated 5 times since December due to fires and floods. They are so grateful to have survived. Good friends and neighbors not so fortunate. They sold a home in Orange county to pay for major cleanup and reconstruction. They were going to build a pool cabana, but no permits are being issued these days. I suggested a yurt as a temporary remedy. The bridge over the creek was damaged and not safe to cross. The property needs complete re-landscaping. They have new rocks in their yard!

I asked them if they will stay, and hubby said after 29 years here with his bride, he's going no where. This is home, where they raised their children. All out of college now, kids will be coming home with their kids. There to stay.

It's an eerie landscape, houses remaining are boarded up, excavation is active removing debris, rocks and downed trees. Homes where children romped and laughed are completely gone or about to be demolished. Mud everywhere. Sad...one of the oldest communities in California will never be the same.

This is the new norm. Climate change is here to stay. It's a vicious circle.

https://www.wired.com/story/montecito-is-everything-bad-about-climate-change-in-a-single-california-town/

Crazy times. Downtown SB where I had more signings was hectic with the march attended by over a thousand people for gun law changes. I couldn't make my exodus fast enough.

It's a PJ day, sun is out but it's cold, everything for now is beautiful, clean and green, lake is 40% full after major rain...until the next drought.

Let's hope for a decent month end.

Msg #591552

0 replies
TSPN, Inc out of Phoenix AZ? GBU n/m
By Mobile1/PA on 3/24/18 1:06pm

Msg #591546

0 replies
Had an REO cash purchase yesterday for $1.8Mil
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/24/18 7:47am

It's the third REO purchase transaction I've had this year. Seems like these people were older and opted to walk away from their home/mortgage. The couple who purchased it have a lot of remodeling ahead of them, but the home has good bones and lots of potential. Just don't build homes the way they did in the 70s. No particle board, all good solid beams, high ceilings, big parcel, spectacular ocean views.

Well, our RE market has stalled out with the fires/mudslides..very little affordable inventory, those who lost their homes are still working on where to go from here. It will take years to rebuild Montecito.

Msg #591543

2 replies
Happy Birthday, Peggy Taylor...you're getting better
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/24/18 7:23am

not older! I hope you have a wonderful celebration with those near and to you, forget doing any signings today, it's just one day. You can take your foot off the gas pedal and leave the car in its parking space, honker down, forget the receivables, no marketing calls or emails today. You've come a long way in developing your business and your life, keep the mojo going.

Spoil yourself today. Here's to you!

Msg #591531

2 replies
The closing exchange
By Clem/CA on 3/23/18 7:26pm

50 mile round trip. $50.00

I told them

No well not just no Hell no

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.