Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #595275

2 replies
I guess I missed a memo.....
By notarydi/CA on 6/27/18 7:39am

was printing a set of docs last night.....loan processor's invoice was in the package. $1300.

Almost makes me want to go back to loan processing...….NOT! Smile

Msg #595265

14 replies
Notaries Used as Validators in Proof of Authority Blockchain
By ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 6/27/18 12:49am

A notary public commission is a prerequisite to qualify to be approved as a validator on the Proof of Authority (POA) blockchain network. Candidates should also have knowledge of blockchain and cybersecurity.

The POA blockchain algorithm is based on the use of verifiable individuals with good reputations, motivated to keep their good reputations and validator positions by working in the best interest of their network.

Once approved, a validator operates a node (computer) that approves incoming data blocks to add to the blockchain, in an average of 5 seconds. The validator earns digital currency (POA tokens) for each validation.

The POA consensus approval process is faster, cheaper, more scalable, and uses much less electricity than the Proof of Work (POW) blockchain algorithm that requires miners, comprised of expensive, power-hungry computer farms, and Proof of Stake (POS) that can become dominated by wealthy network stakeholders.

POA Network is an open Ethereum sidechain for smart contracts and Distributed Applications (DApps). It was launched in December 2017, and was previously named NotaryCoin, then Oracles Network.

POA native currency tokens on the POA Network can be converted to POA20 (ERC20) tokens on the Ethereum Network. Prices for the cryptocurrency are listed on cryptoexchanges. Recent market cap $35 million.

For information on the POA Network, their notaries and forum, see https://poa.network/

Disclaimer: This information is not investment advice. Conduct your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any investment decisions regarding cryptocurrency.

Msg #595262

3 replies
Prepping tomorrow's packages and realized we're
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/26/18 9:42pm

running up against the holiday week, July 4. Man where does the time go...half way through 2018 already. The holiday falls on a Tuesday next week, making calculating the rescission period expiration period a little more tedious.

Msg #595251

4 replies
Good 2 go mobile
By Lawrence Derby on 6/26/18 6:34pm

Has anybody done work for this company ?

Msg #595247

12 replies
Company to sign With
By Rose M Smith on 6/26/18 5:50pm

Good Afternoon Everyone, can anyone suggest a company from the signing central list that I can sign with for general notary work?

Msg #595244

5 replies
Great article that gives you a window our future as notaries
By grapebed on 6/26/18 5:34pm

Very interesting, eyeopening and informative. PLease comment. I would appreciate it. Thanks very much.

http://www.housingwire.com/articles/43781-here-are-11-tech-companies-revolutionizing-mortgage-lending?eid=311687188&bid=2154634

Msg #595241

1 replies
marketing
By Cindy Herring on 6/26/18 5:11pm

what have you found to work best for marketing your business in California?

Msg #595237

13 replies
Remote Closing???
By Mandy Salas on 6/26/18 4:14pm

Has anyone done a Remote Closing??
I have never heard of it.
I was told all docs would be emailed to me, I will print them for realtor and buyer to sign?
Is it really this simple? And what would be a reasonable fee?

Msg #595229

4 replies
Title Processing Center ?? do not see them listed. n/m
By AliceM/MI on 6/26/18 3:24pm

Msg #595223

3 replies
Fees
By Monique King on 6/26/18 2:29pm

Can someone explain the fees to me, please? I just need clarification so that I am not charging to much or too little ...
Standard Fee- Is this my flat rate for travel, and service?
E-Docs Charge - ?
Copied Package Fee up to 75 pp - ?

Msg #595206

3 replies
Scam/Virus
By Harry Battle on 6/26/18 8:13am

Good morning, if you get an email from a carl@rippytv.com, DO NOT OPEN THE LINK. It's a virus. Please don't open it

Msg #595199

4 replies
IN notaries -- new notary legislation eff. 07/01/2018
By  Linda_in_IN on 6/25/18 7:56pm

https://www.in.gov/sos/business/files/notary%20law%20change%20notification%20email_final%20draft.doc

New laws affecting notaries in Indiana take effect on July 1, 2018. Current notaries will be grandfathered in until your commission expires/renews. Among the changes:
• Notaries can charge $10.00 per notarization. A notary may charge $10.00 per signature, including signatures within the same document. For example, a notary may charge $20.00 for authenticating a minor consent to travel, where both the mother and father’s identities were verified by the notary and in which both sign the document.
• Notaries can charge a travel fee equal to or less than the federal mileage rate.
• Notaries are prohibited from notarizing documents for themselves, their spouse, or any party that may directly benefit the notary or their spouse.
• Continuing education
• Change in information
• Seal Requirements
• Non-Resident Employees – Prior to July 1, 2018, all Indiana notaries were required to be residents of the state of Indiana. After July 1, individuals primarily employed in Indiana will qualify to serve as Indiana notaries public.

Additional details regarding these changes will be made available at INBiz.in.gov after July 2, 2018. If there are additional questions or concerns, please contact the SOS office at 317-234-9768 or via email at notary@sos.in.gov.

Msg #595198

3 replies
No Particular Subject
By Rose M Smith on 6/25/18 5:34pm

Good Evening Everyone

Msg #595197

8 replies
Always good to confirm signing appointment
By Yoli/CA on 6/25/18 4:36pm

Accepted signing for tomorrow at 3 pm. Get confirmation. Make call to confirm and ask for signer. "She's not here." "Any idea when she'll be back?" "She's dead." OOPS!!

Turns out there's a Trust involved and daughter (whom I'm speaking with) is the signer. Sure wish TC had clued me in.

Another little hiccup. Daughter is on her way to doctor who wants to operate. Doesn't know if surgery will be today or tomorrow. (aha!) She'll let me know after her 4:30 doctor's appointment. TC is trying to find out what kind of surgery and push for signing tomorrow.

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow ... nor bandage nor pain .......... Wink

Msg #595184

12 replies
Check Your Ranking on SigningAgent.com
By  CCS/VA on 6/25/18 1:14pm

You might want to see how you ranked at signingagent.com by searching for notaries by using your zip code. With 25 years experience I was ranked lower than new notaries, because I no longer buy the training each year. That does not seem fair, just because I opt to take the exam without buying their additional training packet. In other words, as NNA members, we are being ranked by what we spend with NNA and not from our experience. If you feel the same way, let your feelings be known at https://www.nationalnotary.org/contact-us Also see Msg 150144.

Msg #595182

4 replies
Is Massachusetts an attorney only state?
By Sue on 6/25/18 1:01pm

I am considering moving to MA to be closer to my son and his family (my granddaughter!) but according to XYZ's site, MA is an attorney only state.

Msg #595177

5 replies
Americas Best Closers Anyone work for them lately?
By obbie on 6/25/18 12:08pm

This company has had mixed reviews. The last 3 reviews are from 2017 and they were bad. Has anyone worked for them recently and how did it go. Were you paid?

Msg #595169

7 replies
Fees
By Anthony Mancuso on 6/25/18 9:13am

Can I ask what people charge for fees for a standard signing at a remote location like a retirement home?
Will or power of attorney , medical power of ...in NJ people seemed shocked when I say there is a few to meet them and do a signing. What do others charge?

Msg #595168

2 replies
Feel like I'm being played. Thoughts?
By Yoli/CA on 6/25/18 9:06am

Accommodated a signing on 5/3/18.

Sent SS my first inquiry on 6/6/18, as my usual process. They immediately responded that check had been processed 5/30/18 and mailed probably a couple of days later (address verified).

My next email on 6/11/18 asked if not received by 6/15/18 would they be willing to re-issue. Same day response, "yes, of course."

6/15/18 I emailed advising check was not received and please re-issue. They responded they'd put a stop payment on that original check and were re-issuing and new check would be mailed the following Monday.

My next communication of 6/22/18, I advised them check has not arrived and their account is not 20 days delinquent. I further asked if they had e-check capability. They responded: "Your check has now been mailed twice- not sure why you are not receiving them. We do not do E-checks. We are placing a stop payment on this 2nd check AGAIN and will send a check fedex to your location at: 3220 Sante Fe Way #152, Rocklin, CA 95765.
This way, we can track it and make sure you receive without issue." My reply on 6/23/18: "Thanks for taking that extra step to secure my check! Greatly appreciated. I don't know what's going on with that piece of mail. Everything else seems to be getting delivered -- all my bills seem to arrive timely (LOL). You have the correct address. Please provide that Fedex tracking number and I'll keep an eye on it as well. Thanks again!"

This SS has a 3-star rating. Very few reviews. I've worked with them one other time in 2009 and was paid within 3 weeks. They are not avoiding me. They are responding promptly to my inquiries. They appear to be working with me to get me paid. So, why am I getting that queasy feeling ... ? Sure hope my belly is wrong and Fedex delivers today/tomorrow!

Msg #595164

0 replies
At the risk of sounding Loud or Mean!
By Clem/CA on 6/25/18 8:34am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.