Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #612755

5 replies
Stingray self-inking notary stamp - is there any way to open
By Kathy/NJ on 11/24/19 6:25am

it to add ink? Mine is getting very light and I need it to last till June. Thanks!

Msg #612747

9 replies
CA copy certification of POA
By CaNotary777 on 11/23/19 3:34pm

Can I as a notary Public in CA do CA copy certification of POA? Will appreciate input 👍🙂🙏

Msg #612740

4 replies
I’m the New Fish that got caught in the Notary Trap, lol.
By Blue/CA on 11/23/19 1:57pm

Okay, sorry for the lengthy message.
I just got my commission in Southern California. I took the class 2 months ago. I have my new business license and formed a D/B/A. Although I haven’t work for the last 8 years, I have 18+ years experience in residential and commercial lending. I also dabbled in new construction title and escrow.

With all of that being said, I’m smart enough to know that I don’t want to jump right in and start doing loan signings. So, I am reading, reading, and reading while taking notes. (The new y thread here is from 2005) My plan is to learn to notarize all kinds of docs for different situations. (POAs, wills, DMV docs, and all sorts of affidavits for doctors’ offices, nursing homes, police stations, etc).

Finally, my issue: I see a lot of information for loan signing agents, but not much for general notary work. So far, the databases I checked are mostly for signing agents. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find notary databases that discuss general notary work?

Being in California, I really want to practice the notary rules and build a customer base. I want to have something to fall back on when times are slow with loan closings (after I become a LSA).

Thank you!!

Msg #612736

9 replies
Question on fees
By Melissa Chason on 11/23/19 1:27pm

Seems like lenders always try and low ball you. What is a good fee for printing docs, hour drive, and scan backs?
Curious as to what others are charging?

Msg #612721

5 replies
How many people out there are getting loan mod work?
By  Cheryl Elliott on 11/23/19 10:34am

I'm seeing them here and there. The documents for this one lender require two signatures on two separate documents if there are two borrowers. I was asked to make an appointment with the borrower to go by and sign/notarize. I couldn't get the client to call me back for over a week. Finally, the wife takes the phone from her husband and says, "we don't trust the lender, we signed our loan mod in February". They were very suspicious. It has taken weeks to get the lender to contact them and explain why they needed to resign.

Finally, they agree to do so and meet with me. But now the wife and two little ones are all deathly ill with flu and strept throat. No way am I going anywhere near them. So call when you're healthy again.

It's supposed to happen today, but now hubby is on call at work and not available until?

I'm sick of this assignment, and I don't think I want to do any more of these time bandit projects.

Oh, I forgot. The first set of docs only had husband signing, when they are actually both vested, and she is the borrower not him, and the docs I was sent only had him signing.

Talk about WHO'S ON FIRST? I just don't get it. The middleman got corrected documents and emailed them to me on November 5. This assignment started on October 23. A month ago.

No wonder the borrowers are so suspicious of their lender. I would be too.

Msg #612715

19 replies
Title / escrow forgot to include compliance forms...
By NK_UT on 11/23/19 9:04am

... They just uploaded them to my portal on SD at 5:00am this morning. Signing was last night. Not a word about increasing my fee for having to take a second trip out to make up for their mistake.

Msg #612692

13 replies
Nations Signature Closings
By Anne McBride on 11/22/19 4:39pm

Why is it this company can be so incompetent yet expect so much from notaries? I got 2 calls from them today for a signing in another state. They call and text and e-mail me constantly for jobs in another state. When I brought this up to the chick she got irate and was screaming at me. How mentally retarded of her. Typically these days. I am a screw up but I'll blame you. I think if they want us to better they should be better. At least learn the rules regarding crossing state lines and how many times must I tell you?

In full disclosure this isn't the only company like this. Express Notary is even worse. Please ppl learn the rules, read my lips, get a map. You really can't confuse ME & NH!

MOST OF ALL DON'T GET HEATED WHEN YOU MAKE THE ERROR AND ARE CORRECTED.

Screaming is why you don't learn, you can't hear. Apparently you can't read either. Neither of these are my fault. I'm not your mommy and wasn't your teacher.

Msg #612685

20 replies
Questions for all the ex Escrow / ex Title folks out there.
By Mills Mobile Notary Service on 11/22/19 2:36pm

Why are duplicate and triplicate RTC (Right to Cancel) forms needed? I did a routine Refi yesterday for a couple that had 6 RTC forms to be signed - 3 for each signer.

Also, 90% of my packages need on ONE ID listed on the Patriot Act form, but 10% ask for some unknown reason for TWO IDs, then we end up using utility bills, etc.. for the 2nd ID. If this is government mandated form, why do most ask for 1 piece ID, and other 2?

Just curious....

Msg #612679

3 replies
Brother Printing Issues - HL L6200DW
By Sue on 11/22/19 12:57pm

Lately when I try to print documents I get a flashing "Receiving Data" message but no documents. Anyone else have a similar experience? I have tried turning it off and on but that only gets me a few pages at a time.

Msg #612676

6 replies
For those that use embossers
By Expeditor on 11/22/19 12:03pm

I wore mine ou, so I begged a certificate of authorization from the SOS and ordered a new "Shiny EZ ES Notary Seal Embosser". Caution Ladies! This thing is badass. It's capable of creating a 3D seal that's photocopiable. I highly recommend it for those of you that just have to emboss every page of a VA home loan and are now suffering from severe carpal tunnel.

Msg #612673

0 replies
This job is truly a head rush! n/m
By Mobile1/PA on 11/22/19 11:50am

Msg #612671

2 replies
The Signing Agents LLC NON PAYMENT!!!
By Dennis D on 11/22/19 11:22am

Signed a file on 10/2/19 I have requested payment several times and they do not respond. Anyone else with that issue?

Msg #612670

6 replies
NNA is so annoying
By  canotaryhere on 11/22/19 11:08am

sending me a notice to renew my certification over 2 months before it expires. It would be different if they started the renewal the day it expired but since they don't it is just their way of ripping us off for the time left

Msg #612663

4 replies
can the title companies and SS read our posts? n/m
By Connie Thingstad on 11/22/19 7:36am

Msg #612647

5 replies
i gave in and agree to do a signing for the worst bank ever.
By Connie Thingstad on 11/21/19 8:16pm

I will not work for this bank but 9 miles from home...great pay. 100% of the time in 10 yrs this bank has failed to get docs even the right day let alone the right week. I warned borrower on this 2 part, 2 state signing that I do not have any docs for the 8 am signing but will let him know at 7 am whether we are signing anything at 8 am...probably not.
grrrrrrr. at least i have no other plans for tomorrow.

Msg #612629

11 replies
lol...will you take this job? 5 hours round trip for $100
By Connie Thingstad on 11/21/19 3:31pm

i told them $500 and sorry, it's 5 hours away so no and especially not at night. i think they see the state Iowa and assume it's no big deal. this state is huge and very rural. only 2 four lane highways, the rest are little country curvy highways. it's also hunting season. DANGEROUS at night

Msg #612621

2 replies
Who's on first ... ??
By  Yoli/CA on 11/21/19 12:38pm

Received a call from SS yesterday morning for Spanish-speaking signing in Sacramento, open time for yesterday. I advised them I was unavailable yesterday but my fee for that scope would be $XXX and I was available for today. She'd check if date could be changed and if they could authorize my fee.

Received a call from another SS (one of my favorites) yesterday afternoon for Spanish-speaking signing in Sacramento at 6:30 pm yesterday. This particular SS already has my fee schedule and they only call when they're willing to meet those fees. Unfortunately, I was not available yesterday and informed them of this.

As I was unavailable yesterday, I didn't bother to get signing location for mapping. At the time, yesterday afternoon, it seemed odd to me and I thought it might be the same file. Odd because I average 1 or 2 Spanish-speaking signings per week. Not 2 in one day.

Then, this morning, I get a call from the original SS about same signing for today, open time and my fee had been approved. I get confirmation; I call first number - not in service; I call alternate number (mom) and she tells me her son told her he had signed yesterday. As she seemed reluctant to give me his number, I asked her to have him contact me to verify or schedule. I emailed TC with this information. SS calls me and very apologetically informs me "TC had made other arrangements." I informed her of my conversation with borrower's mom and that I'd emailed TC with those details. She again apologized profusely and I thanked her for letting me know as soon as she found out.

Whew!! Who's on second?

Msg #612615

9 replies
Amrock
By Drthvdr on 11/21/19 11:43am

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Amrock?

Msg #612597

12 replies
Testa Notary Services,LLC.
By  KimmyMD on 11/21/19 6:38am

Just when I thought I had drained the swamp looking for deadbeats, Testa Notary Services,LLC.
CEO/William K Testa
Office 815-258-1599
Fax 517-368-5510
Testanotarysvcs@outlook.com .
I have been chasing my payment from Testa Notary Services,LLC. I did a search over a month ago and no information. Don’t waste your time, I’m still waiting to be paid. William has come up with every trick in the book. He first told me in his email he pays in 30 days. That’s why I agreed. Now he has said 30 to 45. Second he said we don’t have your invoice! I provided another one with proof of my original fax confirmation. I called Title to inform them. William then sends me the “welcome letter “, which states never to contact Title. I never received this prior, just a confirmation. I’ll let you know the outcome!

Msg #612589

4 replies
LOL! That kid in school that always keeps raising their hand n/m
By Mobile1/PA on 11/20/19 7:41pm

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.