Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

So sorry to hear that. I've heard that the midwest has been
Posted by  MW/VA of VA on 3/27/17 10:59am Msg #572700
in decline because of the loss of jobs (blue collar-manufacturing, etc.). I know there are jobs out there for finance, tech, etc., but that doesn't help a hard-hit economy in some areas.
I hope you have an opportunity to move your family to another area, Cari. Chicago & Detroit have a reputation for poverty & high-crime now.
When I moved to Virginia Beach years ago, it was because it was a rapidly growing area. We have a mix of military & tourism which makes for a good standard of living. Prices for housing have risen steadily as military pay levels increased. The military also gets substantial housing allowances, so rentals & sales are based on that. Like many areas, "affordable" housing is almost impossible to find. It's hard to find a 2 bedroom apt. for less than $1200/mo, for example.
Texas seems to be one of the most affordable places to live now.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Chicago's 2017 housing market will be weakest in nation... -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 3/27/17 9:56am
 So sorry to hear that. I've heard that the midwest has been -  MW/VA on 3/27/17 10:59am
 Marilynn, it so true and yes, Texas has been on my mind... -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 3/27/17 1:05pm
 Re: Marilynn, it so true and yes, Texas has been on my mind... - Luckydog on 3/28/17 10:03am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.