Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Indepth Closing Solutions: Ernest, truly sketchy . . .
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 6/18/17 7:15am Msg #576931
As you can view their listing in SC, would you link it to your thread plz? TIA

No direct experience working with them as they never responded to my submitted queries (see below).

Very controversial company from their first post on the NR DW forum. InDepth Closing says that they pay the Signing Agent/Courtesy Closer 45-60 days after the signing (or sooner). Frown

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
You may remember Ralph Perez & Jennifer S. Perez and their survey asking us (forum members) about our fees and that they 'honor' the SPW which is the NNA telling us how to dress, how to run our businesses, etc. as well as the 35-page document/questionnaire that you'll need to complete to "Join their Team." What?!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Ralph also told us business owners that the NNA authorized the use of our email addresses “exclusively for agent recruitment” purposes . . .

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
They asked for data that no one has ever required of us as vendors.

Have they provided assurances regarding how our personal non-public information [NPPI] will be protected by them? To my knowledge, no – they haven’t.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
On their website it states that they've been in business since 2006; however, if you reference Msg #516187 by Lee/AR, you'll note that (by their own statement in an email to her) they've been in business since 2013. Principals (Jennifer Perez, CEO & Ralph Perez, VP) http://www.indepthsolutions.com

Ralph posted on 16JAN15 at 9:13 PM in Msg #522481 “we are excited to announce that two of our largest national customers have invited us to begin discussions for activating the new signing service nationwide this month!” Well . . . which is it? Started the business in 2006? 20013? Or this statement: “new signing service” in 2015?

Too sketchy.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Previously a local abstracting business. They also sell BGCs. Frown

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Their mandatory requirements include:
1. Copy of photo ID.
2. A marketing photo.
3. Minimum $300k general liability or vehicle insurance.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
On 30SEP14 I received the 35-page questionnaire from Ralph and returned the following reply (see Msg #516205 ):

"Thanks for your request. I accessed the InDepth Certified Notary Signing Agent contract. While I do appreciate the time that went into the creation of this 35-page contract, before I expend the resources to complete and execute this contract, I will need a few data elements as follows:

1. Are the Signing Fees at InDepth in alignment with industry standards? If yes, what is the typical range for each the various document packages (refi, reverse mortgage, HELOC, purchase, seller documentation, etc.).

2. What do you find is the typical document package size?

3. What is the lead time that InDepth strives to provide for access to the documents prior to the scheduled signing time?

4. What is the payment turnaround time?

5. Does InDepth value Certified Notary Signing Agents? (i.e., treat them with respect, reward them monetarily for superior service, are they loyal to professionals who perform this superior service – or only chase the lowest fee, etc.)

6. Are InDepth team members available via cell/phone during the hours of scheduled signing engagements?

Thanks in advance."

Did they every address the above questions in my email? No.
They did respond with a marketing blurb about the advantages of signing up.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ernest,

I’d run the opposite direction.

As a business owner, I chose not to provide my non-public, personal information nor provide a full, non-redacted BGC to InDepth Closing Solutions.

Protecting yourself from identity theft is time-consuming and we must be ever-vigilant. Best wishes with your decision.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Indepth Closing Solutions? -  Ernest__CT on 6/17/17 11:17pm
 Indepth Closing Solutions: Ernest, truly sketchy . . . -  Christine/OK on 6/18/17 7:15am
 P.S. to Linda_H/FL: When you signed up w/ICS on 09OCT14 -  Christine/OK on 6/18/17 8:17am
 Wow...forgot I even did this..lol - and no.. - Linda_H/FL on 6/18/17 8:25am
 TYVM for your update, Linda. Appreciate it. :) n/m -  Christine/OK on 6/18/17 10:19am
 Re: Indepth Closing Solutions? -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/18/17 8:58am
 Re: Indepth Closing Solutions? -  Yoli/CA on 6/18/17 9:24am
 Re: Indepth Closing Solutions? -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/18/17 9:34am
 Re: Indepth Closing Solutions? THANK YOU, EVERYONE! -  Ernest__CT on 6/18/17 9:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.