Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Re:Seal placement
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 12/4/18 6:04pm Msg #600913
Yes, thanks to both Yoli and Laurie for that clarification! I've seen that in our Handbook and I'm sure it's why we've all followed that advice. And this is admittedly just a nitpick, but I believe there's a difference between what's summarized in the front section of our Handbook and what is actual law, and in most cases, I try to characterize these things accurately. [Once in a while, however, it's much easier to claim something I feel is inappropriate is actually illegal, than to get into a technical 'discussion' with a signer or client... The front section of the Handbook comes in real handy for those. Wink]

Since noticing a few of those differences, I try to work from the actual legal Code. And I've never been able to find anything in the Government Code, Civil Code, or any other Code included in our Handbook, that even references that issue in any way. So it seems like this is one more 'ruling' or bit of advice/recommendation/interpretation (or whatever we want to call it) that isn't actually The Law here.

Having said that, I completely agree with the statement and always follow that advice, because I think it's the right thing to do. I think the reason I went looking for it at all was because of a situation a long time ago where instructions stated that the provided certificate (which was compliant except for space) must be used vs. attaching a loose cert. I was surprised to not find anything. [But I visually scanned vs. rereading the whole thing, so I could have missed it.] I think I did end up stamping in the margin. Smile

It's still a pet peeve...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Recording a warranty deed for TX property notarized in VT -  VT_Syrup on 12/4/18 8:07am
 Re: Recording a warranty deed for TX property notarized in VT - NVLSlady/VA on 12/4/18 1:47pm
 Without the offending (VT) stamp, I mean. n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 12/4/18 1:52pm
 Re: Recording a warranty deed for TX property notarized in VT -  VT_Syrup on 12/4/18 4:56pm
 That "seal here" verbiage is one of my biggest pet peeves. -  JanetK_CA on 12/4/18 3:16pm
 Re: That "seal here" verbiage is one of my biggest pet peeves. - Yoli/CA on 12/4/18 3:41pm
 Re:Seal placement - LJCA on 12/4/18 3:43pm
 Re: Re:Seal placement -  JanetK_CA on 12/4/18 6:04pm
 In answer to "where to place my seal" - BobbiCT on 12/5/18 9:57am
 Re: Recording a warranty deed for TX property notarized in VT -  VT_Syrup on 12/4/18 4:59pm
 Re: Recording a warranty deed for TX property notarized in VT - MikeC/TX on 12/6/18 7:05pm
 Re: Recording a warranty deed for TX property notarized in VT -  VT_Syrup on 12/7/18 10:48am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.