Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re:thumb print
Posted by LJCA of AK on 2/17/19 12:19am Msg #603406
I have a very faint thumb finger print due to lotions that exfoliate and have softened my finger prints over the years. I found this out when I first was live scanned for my notary commission. The gentleman had to try three times to get my thumb print and explained to me that is was very common with women due to hand lotions. I was getting nervous cause that light wasn't going off! Of course I had to ask him what he does if he can't get a thumb print of the persons right hand? (A little red light goes off if the machine can't read your thumb print). He said he would try each finger until one registered with his machine. Of course I had to ask him "what if non of the finger prints register and we don't see the little green light go off due to extensive exfoliating lotion's". He very nicely but seriously said to me, "we would take a print of your toe". He wasn't busy since I was his last customer that day and I learned something new. Who would have thought if your thumbs or fingers don't register use a toe!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Interesting thumb print - JustANotary on 2/15/19 8:02pm
 Re: Interesting thumb print -  JanetK_CA on 2/15/19 8:48pm
 Re: Interesting thumb print - JustANotary on 2/15/19 8:54pm
 Nope, but ... - BearPaw/CO on 2/15/19 8:51pm
 I think thumb prints will become obsolete in the tech -  MW/VA on 2/15/19 9:19pm
 Re: I think thumb prints will become obsolete in the tech - LJCA on 2/16/19 10:32am
 yep, I had a double thumb print guy...actually, two men.... - notarydi/CA on 2/16/19 2:23pm
 Re:thumb print - LJCA on 2/17/19 12:19am
 Re: Re:thumb print -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/17/19 7:33am
 Re: Re:thumb print - LJCA on 2/17/19 4:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.