Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

We've seen lots of posts about this type of action before.
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 4/6/19 4:02pm Msg #605159
Sadly, some companies have a policy where they'll say they agree with a notary's fee, even send them a confirmation, as in this case, then continue to shop around to see if they can find someone who'll do it for less. I think this is an extremely unethical practice! They're making sure they have someone to cover it just in case they can't find a better offer, but in the meantime, that notary may be turning down other business for that time slot. It shows a total lack of concern or respect for the person they're hiring, so why in the world would anyone want to work for a company that operates that way? What does that say about the likelihood of being paid the agreed upon fee in a timely manner?!

I wish we could get everyone to kick to the curb any company that does that kind of thing. What if the notary used the same tactics and cancelled at any time if something better came along? [Tragically, I suspect that some unprofessional folks in our business do just that.] It wouldn't sit well, to say the least.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Never had this happen before... - BNS on 4/3/19 4:32pm
 Re: Never had this happen before... - Luckydog on 4/3/19 4:37pm
 Re: Never had this happen before... -  Mike Goodey on 4/3/19 6:08pm
 Re: Never had this happen before... - Clem/CA on 4/3/19 6:13pm
 You can be thankful that you didn't get that signing. -  MW/VA on 4/3/19 8:07pm
 Re: Never had this happen before... -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/3/19 8:42pm
 Re: Never had this happen before... - DD/CA on 4/3/19 9:19pm
 Re: Never had this happen before... - pdl/cali on 4/4/19 1:50pm
 You're lucky it's only the first time - rengel/CA on 4/4/19 3:20pm
 It's official, for the record... -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/4/19 4:02pm
 INQUIRING MINDS ARE DYING TO KNOW . . . -  PegiT_MN on 4/4/19 6:38pm
 Personally, Pegi, I think this is exactly something you - Linda_H/FL on 4/5/19 7:54am
 Re: INQUIRING MINDS ARE DYING TO KNOW . . . - Luckydog on 4/5/19 9:25am
 Not to mention last ratings in SC are 3 years old n/m - Linda_H/FL on 4/5/19 10:00am
 Typing in all caps???? n/m -  MW/VA on 4/7/19 2:56pm
 Re: Never had this happen before... -  canotaryhere on 4/5/19 2:48pm
 Re: Never had this happen before... - Luckydog on 4/5/19 8:21pm
 We've seen lots of posts about this type of action before. -  JanetK_CA on 4/6/19 4:02pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.