Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Just curious
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 7/29/14 8:21pm Msg #512505
This was a really interesting day-in-the-life-of anecdote that I enjoyed reading, and I actually learned something (you can reset automatic windows yourself? Yay!). But how is this post any different from the ones 101 has posted about her daily activities and for which she was recently excoriated and eviscerated and all but chased off the Forum?

I draw your attention to this typical response to one of Cheryl's posts earlier this month in which she shared info about a feel-good book written by one of her signers:

<<No, Cheryl, this is NOT work related. Except for the fact that you met this person in the performance of your duties. So many times you get on here with your personal nonsense that belongs in Leisure......just because you did a signing and the weather or the fire or the grape vines or whatever overtakes your sensibilities. You are known for this ... Just because you got a signing doesn't mean you can bring all these other issues here with impunity. You need to try to be more considerate of the work place water cooler.>>

Using the same parameters, could the "silver-lined day" post also be construed as "NOT work related" and "personal nonsense," doubly so since it has absolutely nothing to do with an actual signing.

Truly, I'm not trying to stir any pot here. I'm struggling to understand the thinking of certain colleagues on this board. We've all contributed posts about crazy borrowers, unruly pets, flat tires, missing house numbers, as well as borrowers who send you home with a bag of home-grown fruit, all of which might be construed as "personal nonsense" and taking advantage of the "workplace water cooler." Just the other day, a couple of notaries suggested publications that they thought would be of interest to others, and this was met with enthusiasm and thanks. It was a great post, yet when 101 posts about a book and her oceanside life, car battery-related or not, all hell breaks loose. If anyone could kindly explain the difference, I'd appreciate the clarification.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Another silver-lined day in the life of a Notary ... -  Yoli/CA on 7/29/14 6:02pm
 Just curious - BearPaw/CO on 7/29/14 8:21pm
 Re: Just curious -  Yoli/CA on 7/29/14 10:00pm
 Please continue, folks... -  JanetK_CA on 7/29/14 10:08pm
 Re: Just curious - BearPaw/CO on 7/29/14 11:38pm
 Re: Just curious - SueW/Tn on 7/30/14 8:22am
 Re: Just curious - Chakwaina on 7/31/14 11:23am
 Yoli, CSAA going out of business? -  Shoshana/AZ on 7/29/14 9:13pm
 No, Shoshana. The garage AAA sent out for -  Yoli/CA on 7/29/14 9:38pm
 Re: Another silver-lined day in the life of a Notary ... -  101livescan on 7/30/14 8:41am
 enjoyed Yoli's post and - notarydi/CA on 7/30/14 9:46am
 Re: enjoyed Yoli - had my car to the shop for routine -  snowflake/PA on 7/30/14 10:07am
 $340 for me last week -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/30/14 1:41pm
 Agree 101! :) I got my Prius last year 0% for 5 years n/m - ananotary on 7/30/14 11:08am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.