Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Viva La Fiesta, Santa Barbara
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 7/31/14 9:17am Msg #512577
I dread it! I love the musical events in the Courthouse Sunken Gardens but as far as the rest of the celebration for five days, I see no reason to put myself in the middle of traffic jams, walls of people gazing into space, plain clothes policeman, motorcycle cops, etc. for crowd control and the inability to get to where I need to be on time with no drama.

I have three signings today, only two yesterday, and it was bedlam in Santa Barbara. Not a vacant hotel room in town, and Solvang inns are filled to capacity too. Crazy, just doesn't blend with the signing business. Last minute docs, 13 PDF attachments printed separately. Good grief, couldn't they be scanned together. What if I missed one? After the package signed, I had to race to FEDEX near the airport yesterday and made it by the skin of my teeth with an industrial complex purchase that will close today in Virginia. I arrived at 4:59pm with an exasperation all understood, when I said it will be my job/butt if this doesn't ship out for delivery tomorrow am EARLIEST.

Finally, I decided to head to my brother's house to spend the night in sanity in nearby Ojai. Cab and avocado/tomato salad from the garden. At last, peace and quiet and sleep! Early to bed.

VIVA LA FIESTA? Not for me. Most locals do not participate unless their kids are in the parade or entertainment. Hoards of people from all over the place come here every year. Thankfully, EOM is over, just business as usual for loan signers.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Viva La Fiesta, Santa Barbara -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/31/14 9:17am
 the bane of living in a beautiful place -  garland/CA on 7/31/14 10:16am
 Re: the bane of living in a beautiful place -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/31/14 11:14am
 Cheryl, I feel your pain...living in a vacation destination -  Teresa/FL on 7/31/14 12:14pm
 Can you elaborate on how to combine files? -  garland/CA on 7/31/14 12:23pm
 Re: Can you elaborate on how to combine files? -  Teresa/FL on 7/31/14 12:46pm
 AWESOME AND HIGHLY BENEFICIAL WORK TIP! -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/31/14 12:57pm
 Re: Can you elaborate on how to combine files? -  garland/CA on 7/31/14 2:24pm
 Re: Can you elaborate on how to combine files? -  Teresa/FL on 7/31/14 2:31pm
 Which Fujitsu model did you purchase? -  Teresa/FL on 7/31/14 3:41pm
 Mine is the 1500 Scansnap model n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/31/14 4:11pm
 thanks for that tibit, Teresa! -  JanetK_CA on 7/31/14 4:58pm
 Re: thanks for that tibit, Teresa! -  Teresa/FL on 7/31/14 6:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.