Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

You did good.
Posted by Belinda/CA of CA on 10/21/17 1:41pm Msg #585158
You just can't please some potential clients cost-wise.

In estate planning there is at least the POA, Healthcare Directive, and at least one property, certification of trust and the trust (if a trust involved but there usually is). Five to begin with. $75 fee in CA for one person. Plus, time at the table and travel. Time at the table greatly varies. I always make sure to find out if they are having me be there for the final explanation of the documents. I prefer to breeze in at the end and get down to business.

Some attorneys want to notarize as they go through the papers and some review with their client and then go back and notarize. Find out which type of person this hiring party is. With the later you can show up at the end. With the first you have to set through quite a bit of talking and potential mind-changing. I work either way but charge accordingly. Sometimes an assistant is just having everything notarized as their client is already to sign it all and get out of there. Basic travel is usually $50, never less, plus fees and time. $150 was not out of line and there are many attorneys willing to pay that in your area. I did quite a bit of work for estate planners and attorneys there who only used me when their notary was sick or out of town. Every-now-n-then-work but heard from them enough to fill in holes. Wish I had a list of those attorneys. Only thought of them when they called.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Estate Planning ... -  Yoli/CA on 10/20/17 12:28pm
 Re: Estate Planning ... - Darryl Armstrong on 10/20/17 1:17pm
 I like your attitude, Darryl! :) n/m -  JanetK_CA on 10/20/17 2:02pm
 Re: Estate Planning ... -  JanetK_CA on 10/20/17 2:01pm
 Re: Estate Planning ... -  MPH/GA on 10/21/17 1:34pm
 GNW=General Notary Work, SC=Signing Central n/m -  Christine/OK on 10/21/17 1:37pm
 GNW is any work other than loan signing jobs. n/m - Belinda/CA on 10/21/17 10:29pm
 You did good. - Belinda/CA on 10/21/17 1:41pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.